IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Table Top Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Done796, May 28, 2017.

1. Done796

Done796 New Member

I might have the wrong forum category, but I don't see any threads in the last three pages about table top games. I know some of y'all table top gamers are out there! Personally, I am a fan of all sorts of table top games. I play trading card games like 'Magic the Gathering' to table top board games like 'Smallworld.' I would be nice to see if any of y'all have played any games and could share them! I always like to hear about other fun games!

For those that didn't already know, table top games include, but are not limited too: card games, board games, dice games and role playing/story telling games!

2. awilson92

awilson92 New Member

I am quite fond of Dungeons and Dragons. On Tuesday and Wednesday nights I DM a session with my friends and it is such a blast! Ever since I started playing it has been a big stress relieving activity and throws me into whole worlds of my imagination. In college my friends played Magic the gathering and other types of games but I was unable to join in. I am glad I get to play now!

Done796 likes this.
  3. hhhsquare35

hhhsquare35 New Member

Among tabletop games I like Chess. It sharpens your mind and shows how to pre-plan before executing any action. It is also a great stress reliever.

Done796 likes this.
  4. msyukionna

msyukionna New Member

Done796 likes this.
  5. Done796

Done796 New Member

Thanks for the feedback table top ninjas! Just so you know Awilson92, you don't have to ever play an game that you aren't interested in. If you are interested in playing magic the gathering; you should go by your local/closest gaming/comic shop! They usually have free new player decks and the employees and patrons will usually give you a demo. The decks aren't great, but they are built on basic mechanics and easier to learn from! HHHsquare35, I completely agree with your point of view! There is research, and I can also attest from personal experience as well, that gaming keeps your mind sharp and entertained! Msyukionna, your reference to Wil Wheaton's TableTop show is heartwarming!! I wouldn't be discouraged by not having a 'clique' or established gaming group. Friendships take time to build anyway. I would reiterate what I told to HHHsquare35 and suggest you venture out to your local/closest gaming shop! I believe in you! You can also find a 'Con' near you in the foreseeable future and meet plenty of cool people! Of whom may invite you to a gaming session! Good luck ninjas!

msyukionna likes this.
  6. msyukionna

msyukionna New Member

Hehe!! I just love watching the TableTop series. Every time I look into purchasing a game I get intimidated. Most of the games that I love watching requires a lot of reading, I'm not sure if my partner can handle that, he has a short attention span. And it's hard to find a good 2 player game. I wonder if anyone here knows of any good ones to start with- something that takes a little effort to play, not just a "15 min/round" game.