IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Tell me about your favorite war movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by azeem sahab, Jun 15, 2017.

1. azeem sahab

azeem sahab New Member

Everyone has his own choice in movies. I like army movies as I love American army. My favorite movie is "Behind The Enemy Lines". Owen Wilson is the main hero in this movie. Who makes a mistake by crossing the border line. He had to come back to his country. This movie is survival and defense. It tells that when you are fighting for your country then you feel courage inside you. I really love this movie and I have watched it more than 10 times. Tell me about your favorite army movie and why do you like it?

2. James Fielder

James Fielder New Member

Hacksaw Ridge, I think

3. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

"Saving Private Ryan". I think that it is one of the most realistic war movies ever made. From effects, through the acting and the story. I get chills every time I watch it. I can't recall, but I even think that there is no music in the movie. I love when a movie has a good soundtrack, but in movies like these, the music would only be a distraction. It is so astonishing and breathtaking. Amazing from every single angle. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. If you have a stomach for it, it has a few explicit scenes that are hard to watch.

4. Lucifer1321

Lucifer1321 New Member

Saving Private Ryan is really good. Besides that, The Deer Hunter and The Hurt Locker are favorites of mine, and then there's something like Inglorious Basterds which is enjoyable but maybe in a different way.
    I really like war films about the people being affected by war as well. People don't think about them as much, but I really like them. There was a fascinating one about CNN, I think it was, during the first gulf war. Michael Keaton was in it. There was a scene where the building they're in gets bombed and it's the most accurate, realistic, and chilling thing I've seen in a war film... I think ever.

5. AnthonyB

AnthonyB New Member

I would probably have to go with Jarhead. I've seen most of the big ones. And some of the classic ones… I like how Jarhead really distinguishes It's shelf from the rest of them. I like that it attacked PTSD and how soldiers worry about their loved ones back home cheating and leaving them. They talked about the psychological aspect of being deployed. Other movies probably did that, but this one in particular, I really admire.

6. Uchenna Okunna

Uchenna Okunna New Member

I love war movies but the one I love most is Rambo 2 starring Sylvester Stallone. I guess every one must have seen it by now because it was made in the eighties. It was shot before the internet became the 'internet" and movies where extremely popular then in the eighties. The Expendables series tried to bring back those years of action movies but the aforementioned movies fell flat in my opinion. Rambo was an original from that era and a lot of movies tried to copy it.

7. Vyck

Vyck New Member

I don't usually watch war movies (they are too hard for me to watch) but I did enjoy Stalingrad (2013) a lot. It's a Russian movie showing events during the Stalingrad battle in WW2. It is mostly a love story with a belic background. Still, it was a beautiful movie to me, with amazing photography and lovable characters. Also, (fun fact) it was the first Russian movie made completely in 3D IMAX.

8. kobiman

kobiman New Member

Rambo is undisputably my favorite war movie. I may be a bit old school, but I bet you it's the best in my opinion.

This stems from the fact that I just can't imagine how a single soldier can wipe out a whole army to rescue soldiers from his country. It may seem unreal but it's just fascinating to me.

Come to think of it, it's possible for one soldier to wipe out so many soldiers. After all that's what commandos are trained to do. Soldiers on the battlefield aren't all equally trained. There are many categories of soldiers of which commandos are not an exception. I think that's the main role of a commando; to launch attacks on armies single-handedly. Furthermore, there isn't any movie with absolutely no fiction at all. Remember, it's war!! :D