IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Tom and Jerry

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Sandip Pan, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Sandip Pan

Sandip Pan New Member

Jerry is my favorite because I think he is really cute and he’s such a little daredevil. I always used to watch that show when I was little and I still do sometimes. Jerry is a little mouse that is always fighting the Tom which is a cat because their enimies. I think he is also really funny as well. I don’t like Tom very much because hes not as funny, cool or interesting as Jerry is.

2. Ashley paige

Ashley paige New Member

I love watching Tom and Jerry movie. Mostly Jerry is the clever mouse in the movie while Tom is the silly cat.

Jerry has many tricks on Tom and he normally ends up winning.

3. superman2727

superman2727 New Member

Yes I agree with you, I really enjoyed watching Tom and Jerry since I was a child. The plot twist are ridiculous, they are running all round the house, making silly traps to caught each other are the best things they've done. Tom and Jerry became famous because of their silly tricks. It's funny that even if I'm not in the teenage age; I proudly say that I'm still enjoying Tom and Jerry did in my childhood memories. It provides us a memory in which will last long than I expected. It can be just a simple cartoon for child but for me, Tom and Jerry is a legend. Thanks!

4. silvermists

silvermists New Member

The classic Tom and Jerry brings back my childhood memories. I grew up watching these two and I never get bored. It was one of my favourite cartoon when I was a kid. At that time it gave me the pleasure like heaven. Whenever I cried these two friends made me smile. Tom and Jerry can never die, no matter the kind of injury, accident or bomb they encounter. Its just hilarious watching those to.

Me and my friend would watch it while eating our breakfast. Tom and Jerry played a great role in making my childhood awesome. I still watch Tom and Jerry everyday it is a stress relieving cartoon. It is a cartoon which I will never outgrow.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  5. Joseph Watema

Joseph Watema New Member

@superman2727 You're not alone. I'm 24 and I love those toons too. It's actually a bit weird that at some point I didn't care for them that much. As a matter of fact, I found them gimmicky. It seemed like the same "Tom chases Jerry" plot with minor twists & turns here & there. Then it hit me, maybe that's the point. Maybe it's just a simple plot for kids of that age.

And my reservations are now history, glad to know I'm not alone. [​IMG]

6. Huz

Huz New Member

God, this cartoon was my childhood!

Contrary to popular opinion, I have always felt sympathy for Tom. Jerry is a littler charlatan who has always tried to get Tom in trouble, although it's not fair to say that Tom is innocent either. Anyhow, I love those rare episodes where the two work together!

Joseph Watema likes this.
  7. Joseph Watema

Joseph Watema New Member

You must have been a rare brand of a kid. Kids like us were a few contrarian toddlers in a mass of Jerry-adorers:cool:. My best "tag-team" episode was when they taught that barky dog some cunny lesson. As a matter of fact, I'll go back to some tape collection I had & look through those.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  8. Huz

Huz New Member

Haha, yes, I find that people prefer Jerry to Tom. In a way, the show is designed to be like that - Jerry is generally shown as the protagonist. However I am sure there are plenty of Tom lovers out there. :)

9. Jared Stephens

Jared Stephens New Member

I honestly prefer Tom by a mile and I really couldn't give you an exact reason. He just stands out as a better character and I love the show. I also like cats and own a cat and that might have something to do with why I like Tom more.

10. Jared Stephens

Jared Stephens New Member

I really do remember watching this show when I was younger. I would go over to my neighbors house and she had a big case of episodes for the show and we would watch tons of them. I eventually just started watching them on TV by myself and then grew out of the show, and moved away, but remembering this show really does bring back some childhood memories.

11. Silent

Silent New Member

Oh poor Tom , Jerry is my favourite because he is the clever one , he has a lot of tricks on Tom and he can always escape. Tom is the annoying cat (Jerry is annoying too sometimes but I still thing think Jerry is the smart guy) ,he is always attacking that mouse , even if he know he'll never catch him .