IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Very First Post

Discussion in 'Posting Tips' started by Gagandeep Kaur, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Gagandeep Kaur

Gagandeep Kaur New Member

Hello Everyone Just Signed Up Here, And Feeling Good While Writing My First Post. I Hope You All Doing Good. Need Suggestions And Support From You all. Thanks To Admin For Successfully Registering me.

lora999 likes this.
  2. Enonche Kennedy Enonche

Enonche Kennedy Enonche New Member

I don't know about you but I was pretty nervous typing my first post. It almost seemed like i had never written before in my life. I suggest you move around different topics like I am doing. There is a thread where English structure is taught, another where Maths is discussed. I am liking it here already

st30pHen likes this.
  3. st30pHen

st30pHen New Member

Yeah me too! I really like the forum. This is like an online school. :)

4. mythman

mythman New Member

My suggestion would be to start out posting 'comments on others' threads' (sticking to the suggested "four comments/replies for every one Original Post (OP)). That way you learn to have fewer 'one-line posts' and to maybe keep the 'many-paged rants' to a relative minimum :D

That's why I sometimes don't like 'forums like these' that offer payment---people start to think 'the more text I post, the more money I make'; and just type as much as they possibly can (without paying any attention to 'questions asked in responses.')

But you get paid even more on those types of forums (I'm not sure if this is 'one of those kinds' or not) when you engage other forum-members, and that's one reason why it's good to use 'a postcard rule' here (and on other forums)---people generally won't interact with OPs that are longer than 'a postcard.'

If you DO write something longer than 'a postcard,' remember that whatever-reaction-you-get is usually only going to involve your post's first several lines & -last several lines (as people usually only read that much ... then maybe skimming through the middle-section for any words that catch their eyes.)