IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is the most interesting mental illness and why?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by linda.perhacs, Apr 19, 2015.

1. elliemae1678

elliemae1678 New Member

I agree. As disturbing as this disorder is, I find it fascinating. As a mom my goal is to keep my kids as healthy as I can. I can't imagine deliberately harming them.

2. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar New Member

I work at a Psychiatry and for me is Schizophrenia.

3. Beachgurl87

Beachgurl87 New Member

Depression

Nearly 19 million American Adults suffer from depression. That's a big tally. It's consuming and a very serious mental disorder. I assume the numbers will only rise. Have you ever been depressed? Most people don't even realize that it's a disorder.

Below I would like to list symptoms of Depression:

Feeling sad, empty
    Feeling Hopeless
    Feeling worthless
    Not enjoying things you used to enjoy
    Difficulty in remembering, concentration
    Always sleeping or never sleeping
    Loss of appetite or appetite changes
    Weight loss(not a good thing)
    Etc.

What I listed are just some of the symptoms. As you can see, Depression deprives you of who you really are. It changes you. Most people cannot help the fact they suffer from depression. If you find you or someone you know suffers from depression, please seek professional help.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  4. SheriS

SheriS New Member

I would have to say schizophrenia. I have a friend who is schizophrenic and she thought that she was an FBI agent for awhile. She also thought that the TV was talking to her. She thought that she had an implant in her head. She's now on medicine and doing much better, but she was really out of touch with reality several years ago. It's amazing what the medication's can do for a person. Bipolar and narcissistic can also hear voices, too.

5. Jaylah

Jaylah New Member

Growing up with narcissists/psychopaths in your family is definitely crazy. It's a whirlwind and never ending pool of insanity.

6. Jaylah

Jaylah New Member

I would say Narcissism. However, I definitely don't want to give any supply. So, the next one to me would be Anti-social. How can you have no conscious?

7. docx

docx New Member

The most interesting to me is Avoidance Personality Disorder or APD.A person with that disorder may avoid anything that he wants.For exmaple, when someone tells youto go out , you say No No.For everything he says no.I have read somewhere that these kind of people when refuse something , they don't really want it.They feel very bad for that , but it is too late.They suffer so much from this disorder.
    I have one of friends with that disorder. Anyone can suggest anything ?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017