IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favorite OS?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ricardo Garcia, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Ricardo Garcia

Ricardo Garcia New Member

Whats ur favorite OS and why?

Well, i like a lot Windows 10, its pretty, and for me, its W7 but better

2. rakus

rakus New Member

For me it is "Windows 10". If you have any experience with "Windows XP" in good old days,the all time favorite OS of Microsoft Company. I think Windows 10 will be the next most popular OS after the Windows XP.

3. Aveatrex

Aveatrex New Member

Actually i am using Windows 10,but my favorite OS would be definetly Debian Linux,opensource,secure,less interface memory consumption the perfect os for me since i like penetration tools and linux is the best for these.

4. shark1234

shark1234 New Member

Without any doubt - it would be UNIX.

Purely because of the thinking behind it, philosophy, elegant design (it served 100% as the inspiration for Linux and similar clones), was easy to understand, was extensible by nature and design from the earliest inception, was compact (or efficient or small enough to be tractable), best of all first conceived of being portable so that users could always pick up their toys and move to another platform when needed to!

5. lc87

lc87 New Member

If you'd asked me this question a year ago, I would've been a staunch Mac OS supporter. But, that all changed wehn I got a Chromebook running Chrome OS. My Mac of four years had finally bitten the dust, so I took a chance on a Chromebook.

So far, it's worked out really well. I spend most of my time on the internet anyway, and it was an easy transition right into Google Drive's suite of programs. It's nice to be able to switch back and forth between beta and developer channels to test the latest features without so much as tweeking a few settings here and there.

6. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

What do you look for in an operating system if not the explicit Wallpaper designs, Transparent windows,Clear attractive theme color coordination and best of all speed that doesn't let your games,videos and hardware go to stall mode or crush other system applications such as VLC or POT player. I would really go with Windows 10 and Android OS Integrated running side by side with ease of access for mobile phone applications as a bonus.

7. muna bedan

muna bedan New Member

My favourite OS is Windows 7.

It is elegant, simple and it runs fast. I have tried upgrading to Windows 10 but it did not work out for me.

8. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_Dorito New Member

I have 3 Macs and 2 Windows PC's (alot i know, the rest of my family uses the ones i dont) I like the smoothness of macOS and i like the numbers of features on Linux based Operating systems, and the ability to manipulate just about any aspect of the device software on linux was pretty cool.

For me, Windows 10 is the perfect mix of both design and adaptability of components and features, therefore my favorite OS is definitely Windows 10.

9. Gabe

Gabe New Member

MacOSX

10. techigeek

techigeek New Member

I have been through a lot of computers /laptops and they were all comprised of various operating systems like windows xp,vista ,7home and home premium ,8.1 and 10. windows 7 was my favorite for a while because the interface was so user-friendly, it had simple features but it was advanced in its own way and that's what really gave it the top spot in mine and a few peoples hearts . But then came windows 8, windows 8 was mostly loved by gamers because it had the ability to download apps from the windows store that were compatible with Xbox/Xbox live , even so this OS(Operating system) was disliked by many because it was just so darn hard to navigate .

But low behold a miracle happed on July ,29,2015 the long anticipated release of windows 10 was finally here ,not only was it comprised of both the win 7 and win8 interface but it had a lot of cool features like my personal favorite ,Cortana. From there on out windows 10 has been my favorite operating system but the futre

11. spike1206

spike1206 New Member

My favorite operating system is Mac OS X. Currently I am running Yosemite and I absolutely love it! I have had no major issues with it and it's really easy to access files and applications and runs smoother than Windows. Also, I have noticed that Mac OS X tends to be more anti-virus than windows an is less likely to give you issues. With Mac OS X, I can integrate my iPhone and iCloud right into it, a feature that Windows does not allow and gives iPhone users the upper hand. I like the fact that with Mac OS X you can still run Windows via Parellels or some other Virtual Software or use bootcamp when turning on your Mac. The flexibility of Mac OS X and the integration and user friendliness of it make it my favorite operating system.

12. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

I love window 10 because of it features. I can use it to integrate my iPhone more easily. It is the best OS of all time. And a big thanks to technology

13. Atropia

Atropia New Member

I don't like to dwell too deep in programming language which includes most of the preferences of Linux. I stick to Windows because I've been familiar with the OS since Windows 95, which makes it easy to pick up each and every update. Most of my games and applications are for windows, therefore, is my go to operating system. Aside from that I've used OSX before, and I've also thoroughly enjoyed that experience alongside.

14. Skysnap

Skysnap New Member

I like Mac OS X. I am using it on personal laptop. But at workplace they ask me to use Windows 10. And due to work reasons I have to use it compulsory. I also use the Linux OS. Specifically Ubuntu. And I am loving the desktop offered by Ubuntu. It has some nice feature set. You can find quality design and features for no cost. I am hoping to switch to Linux at some point in future.

15. Zacharia

Zacharia New Member

My favourite operating system is Windows 7 professional. Very easy to navigate around in search of a functionality. Displays quality wallpapers and top-notch user-friendly.