IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favourite tv series?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Angelah, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Carmen Lorenzo

Carmen Lorenzo New Member

My all time favorite tv series was, " I love Lucy"! I can't remember how many times I laughed as a child and how many times I've laughed as an adult. It's clearly hilarious and everyone love Lucy because she is so sweet and innocent and means so harm but she always gets in trouble!

2. klabingk

klabingk New Member

I can't decide between "The Wire" and "The Night Of". Both left me speechless after watching them. The Wire is just too real and paints a great picture of people and society. The Night Of just consumes you, it immerses you into this dark world of police and judicial system, self preservation and self doubt. You're never sure what is going to happen next. After watching both of these shows I couldn't watch anything else for a week or two.

3. Steven Choo

Steven Choo New Member

I have to say that one of my favorite tv series is “Married with Children”, which is an American dark comedic sitcom television series. It was co-produced by Michael G. Moye and Ron Leavit and had been nominated for Golden Globe and Emmy Awards. The main reason that I love this sitcom is how it pushed the boundaries for what you can show on TV.

I absolutely like Al Bundy (Ed O’Neil) because he is such a good actor. I also think Kelly (Christina Applegate) is unbelievably hot. Everyone of the cast worked perfectly together. There was no downtime on this show that’s for sure.

4. dnak10

dnak10 New Member

I loved the first two seasons of "The Flash" but after the third season it seemed to be repetitive and predictable. But it is a good show. If you enjoyed "The Flash" I recommend "The Arrow". You might already know about "The Arrow" because he appeared in a few episodes of "The Flash".

5. dnak10

dnak10 New Member

I absolutely love HIMYM! It is and will always be one of my all time favorites. Barney's self obsessed nature and hilarious jokes are probably one of the main reasons I got hooked on this show too!

“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and
    green I wear suits and I’m awesome. I’m your bro—I’m Broda!” -Barney Stinson

6. AppState422

AppState422 New Member

I thought there would be way more The Walking Dead mentions here! My hubz and I are obsessed. It can't get much more graphic, though, or we will have to quit watching. Ew.
    Vikings on History Channel is a great (if not entirely accurate) series. I love The Americans on FX, Ridiculousness on MTV, Hunting Hitler on History, Killing Fields on History, and literally every show on ID Discovery. And Bravo (don't judge me). LOVE Nightwatch on A&E.
    However, we do about two hours of TV daily, so I have no idea how we're fitting in all of these shows!

7. Gktime

Gktime New Member

I like to watch a lot of old comedies. For example, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Honeymooners, Boy Meets World, etc. I think I said in another thread (one about binge watching) that Boy Meets World is my favorite show, but I think it might be the Honeymooners...or no, is it Boy Meets World?

Yeah, I really like old comedies. I didn't think I would like the Honeymooners at first because it was so old and it's in black and white, but it is a hilarious show.

8. LesYam

LesYam New Member

Definitely is Prison Break! I was hooked up since the beginning. I have enjoyed the four seasons it lasted. Gladly it is coming back this year for one more season. That makes me so happy because it will solve some of the questions all Prison Break’s fans have plus, I hope, more intriguing episodes will follow.

I’ve always found fascinating how certain people can create such elaborated plans. Like how can they see things ‘in the future’; opportunities the majority of us miss on a daily basis. Most people can argue that it is only fiction, and of course it is in a way because it is a TV series, but I believe reality overcomes fiction. And things like that happen often, only we are not aware of all of them.

9. Manandez

Manandez New Member

Hello Angelah,

My favorite TV Series is The Big Bang Theory. I go on watching even past episodes and laugh a good deal about all situations Sheldon and his troop are through, and there is nothing better than a good laugh. I do remember the first time I ever heard about it. All the comments made about the series called my attention and I tuned into all news I could to know more about those characters and plot. I searched for every single piece of information and the next step was turning on the TV and watch it. The first episode did its job, and I became a huge fan of this TV program. You may know what happened next! Yes, that was the main subject at work and my fellow co-workers could not bear me talking about it every single minute. I must say only one of them could, the one who indicated this amazingly good series!

10. Corena

Corena Member

There are so many shows that I love watching, however, my favorite would have to be "Game of Thrones". This TV series keeps me on my toes and leaves me so anxious to see the next episode. It is very action packed, not to mention it is also very emotional. I think I love it more than the rest, because it actually surprises me. It does not follow the regular pattern of shows, where you know a certain person won't die, because they have been the star of the show. In "Game of Thrones" the attention has switched between many characters and you never know what will happen to any of them. It is a really great show, however, I would not recommend letting kids watch it.

11. Beachgurl87

Beachgurl87 New Member

"Bones"
    I love the TV series "Bones". It's a great show. Nothing like solving a mystery. Add a hot detective, a genius, bones from the deceased, danger at every turn, stories behind the crimes and you're in for a treat!

Did I mention the genius and hot detective fall in love? Mystery and romance together like"two peas in a pod"!

12. Jas Skylar

Jas Skylar New Member

Right now it's Riverdale. The series is really good despite there only being three episodes so far. I recommend it to people who liked Gossip Girl or mysteries. It's also an adaption of the comic series Archie.

13. mimi

mimi New Member

Yeah, I love The Walking Dead!
    In fact I just watched the new episode of season 7 last night. It's really awesome! Go Team Rick!

14. sanjeev kumar

sanjeev kumar New Member

My favourite serial is Dexter. It teach you about relationship goals with your siblings and wife. A good family serial till date. It depicts the story of Dexter Morgan who is Blood Spatter analyst. A good balance has been shown between personal life and professional life. I will recommend all to watch it once in your life.

15. Van Gogh

Van Gogh New Member

I find watching, "Last Of The Summer Wine", very relaxing these days. This british comedy series centers around the mischief and activities of three older gentlemen, and was the longest running comedy sitcom in the the world. Its a funny comedy about growing older, and my favorite characters are Campo and Howard.

I think it ended in 2010, but thats a lot of episodes to watch, and it ran for forty years. I hope they bring it back for a revival in the future though!

16. Anas Naji

Anas Naji New Member

Probably South Park.

Not saying it's the best show on TV or anything but it just has so much nostalgia value for me. The one constant in my life has always been South Park, so despite quality, it basically has to be my favorite show.

17. jakejake

jakejake New Member

How to get away with murder

18. vrenelli

vrenelli New Member

Here's my top five:
    1. Game of Thrones - So gripping.
    2. Vikings - All hail King Ragnar!!!
    3. Stranger Things - Aren't the kids adorable?

Of course, I didn't forget the "classics":
    4. Grey's Anatomy - Meredith says, "So pick me. Choose me. Love me."
    5. Supernatural - Aw, Sam and Dean... your dad killed Glenn :(

19. RenoGerman

RenoGerman New Member

My favorite TV Series is Smallville. It's a story about the young Clark Kent as he transitions from a high school farm boy to the hero that we all know and love; Superman. It runs for ten seasons. It's the longest series I've watched and I already watched the whole thing for the 3rd time.

20. maryliz2017

maryliz2017 New Member

My favorite TV series is also I Love Lucy as someone else mentioned. I grew up watching this show with my grandmother. I am still an avid fan in my adulthood. I watch the show every single day and I go antiquing looking for I Love Lucy and Lucille Ball items.