IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favourite tv series?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Angelah, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Liam

Liam New Member

my favorite tv series is Breaking Bad

2. TheDiscerningGranny

TheDiscerningGranny New Member

I am not going to be able to only pick one favorite because there are a few that I enjoy equally! I love historically based or epic/fantasy drama series. I also enjoy some reality tv as a sort of guilty pleasure, but only when nothing else is on. I am also a complete news junkie. I have CNN on whenever I'm not watching something else.

Now onto the shows I think are the best!
    The CW: Reign (this is the final season), which is a drama based on the story of Mary Queen of Scots.
    The CW: The 100, loosely based on a book series, a post apocalyptic action/drama.
    The History Channel: Vikings, another epic/historic action/drama
    HBO: Game of Thrones: epic fantasy drama. Incredible story line if you can get past how graphic it is in some scenes.

The reality shows I like are things like Catfish, Arranged, Married At First Sight and The Challenge. I like Decorating and Remodeling shows on HGTV and FYI too.

3. Maureen W

Maureen W New Member

That would be Lucifer, it totally had me glued to the screen.Fiction is always so interesting, it's beyond the obvious and I always appreciate the creativity and suspense.The tv series "Supernatural" was also awesome, I would never get tired of seeing Sam and Dean.

4. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

My favorite TV Series is "Westworld". It has only one season so far but I am pretty sure that they won't mess it up and that the show will develop very good. Pretty much everything about it is amazing for me. The actors did an amazing job doing hosts, the music is really really good, the environment, the story. Literally everything. But besides "Westworld" I also like "Game of Thrones", "Breaking Bad", "Lost", "Supernatural", "Person of Interest". It is hard to choose "the one" but if I have to, then it would be "Westworld" for sure.

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Breaking Bad all the way! I just love every single episode they've put out! The whole series inspired me to start practicing my acting and writing (I really admire the writers for doing such an incredible job with the punchlines). No other TV shows so far has been better or even remotely close to it for me. 10/10

6. zendai

zendai New Member

I stopped watching Empire on season three, it got boring. It's like they ran out of ideas, the same storyline in every episode.

7. LeeLeakey

LeeLeakey New Member

It's a series full of humor and I've felt in connection with all the characters in it. It goes by the name, ''Friends With Better Lives.'' If laughter and drama is what you wish for, you should go for this! It's similar to ''The Exes.'' It revolves a happy husband and wife with two kids (who are merely featured in the series) hosting a divorced man, a single funny smart and intellectual lady, and dating partners. They're all extremely funny. This series is just for laughs! At the moment, there's this series I'm repeating over and over again. I guess I've forgotten the word 'Stop!' It goes by the name ''Into The Badlands,'' it's currently my favorite.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  8. LeeLeakey

LeeLeakey New Member

Not really.. Empire is a series about a family with 3 grown-up sons.. One who's a rapper (last-born), the second born is a very talented pop singer with great vocals with a mature stand on his sexuality, and the third one is a very intellectual financial administrator.. Their mom comes from jail after several years of imprisonment to find another lady besides his man. She also finds the business she founded (Empire) is grown (the talk in town) with his husband being it's Owner! It's full of drama, nostalgia, modern music and performances and full of celebrities show-ups! You don't wanna stay clueless about Empire in this era.

9. Lucifer1321

Lucifer1321 New Member

No second thoughts about it, my most favorite TV series is "Friends".Every episode brings another chance to bask in the greatness of the theme song. You sang along and you knew all of the words, but you never really understood what D.O.A meant.
    (It means ‘dead-on-arrival’ by the way).
    And also, a classic chat up line was born thanks to everyone’s favorite Italian American hunk Joey Tribbiani. This is the best line to try when you aren’t sure if someone fancies you, because if you get rejected you can always play it off as a solid Joey impression. Phew.

10. jon vidaure

jon vidaure New Member

My favorite tv series is Scream.

11. haerondir

haerondir New Member

There are so many good TV shows, I don't where to begin. I'll just tell you about the most recent show I've watched. Game of Thrones is amazing, the several plots keep you guessing and the actors do a great job. Pretty good show if you ask me.

There are several other shows that I watch. Supernatural, Bates Motel, Sherlock, and more.

Friends deserves a special mention because that show is a classic.

12. Angel Burgess

Angel Burgess New Member

I really do enjoy watching Empire as well Angelah. When it goes off after each season finale, I can not wait until it airs again! @ PnkyBrewster, I used to watch Weeds as well. It was a good show.

13. EmS6

EmS6 New Member

My current favorite is Game of Thrones, even if it's a little graphic. I'm just very invested in the characters and stories, I cannot wait for the new season. Others I really like are the Walking Dead, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Stranger Things. My all time favorite is Charmed, even if it's a little old. That show was just magical for me.

14. Asha Krishnakumar

Asha Krishnakumar New Member

This is such a hard question. I have favorites in every genre. I have always liked shows like Friends, HIMYM, Grey's Anatomy, Jane the Virgin, Suits, Pretty Little Liars, Game of Thrones, Shadowhunters, Big Bang Theory, Gossip Girl and more. Do you notice how they are all different genres? I am going to have to go with Pretty Little Liars, however. I have been watching that show since I was 11, in 2010, and it just ended a few weeks ago. It was quite bittersweet, because I spent more than a third of my life watching that show. I really liked the mystery/thriller aspects, and I also appreciated the fashion sense of the four main characters, and secretly hoped that I could one day have a fashion sense half as good as that. I will probably end up binge watching it from Season 1 soon.

15. WickedCry

WickedCry New Member

Sword Art Online. I was never a huge anime fan, actually never watched any at all. My netflix out of nowhere starting pestering me to watch SAO every day. Constantly everytime i turned my TV on, "SAO here" "SAO recommended" "Titles similar to SAO."

Finally I said screw it and watched an episode... absolutely amazing. They are using virtual reality headsets and get stuck in a video game. They have to beat a number of bosses to escape the game. The story is amazing. In real life they are dying, and are in hospitals on machines. The worst part is, if you die in the game the headset basically electrocutes your brain and kills you. So you cannot suicide your way out.

It is so intense, and it has a cute romance aspect as well where he meets a girl in game and finds her in real life. I would really recommend it.

16. Malibeast

Malibeast New Member

I love The Twilight Zone.

It was such an influential series and still holds up well today. I'm a sucker for the surreal existential premises and I think it really shaped my imagination and taste in media growing up.

It's on Netflix and Hulu, I believe. The hour-long 4th season isn't on Netflix, which is a shame, because there are some standout episodes in that season.

17. GatM

GatM New Member

' The family guy '. I could watch this Tv series all day long. I love how stupid peter is and how smart Stewie is.

18. Johnwaweru

Johnwaweru New Member

Scrubs. It's lighthearted and funny but still has its emotional moments which are really well done. And it's so consistent throughout the seasons I could watch literally any episode at random and be entertained. Yes, even from season 9. The entire show helped me through some rough times in my life.

19. JoeMilford

JoeMilford New Member

Recently, I've really fallen in love with binge-watching the AMC series PREACHER. Its characters, religious commentary, great writing, and dark humor really pull me in, and I now want to go out and get the graphic novels which this show is based upon. I identify with the Irish vampire character a great deal, and he is a joy to watch every episode because of his various antics.

20. Lovelybee

Lovelybee New Member

My favorite television series is "My Mum and I". it's a must watch for all homes.

It's a Family-oriented program which teaches mothers on how to bond with their kids.

The icy on the cake is the twists and turns of the series.

I endorsed it for all families.