IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your most trusted laptop brand?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by EfficientNinja, Apr 8, 2018.

1. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Member

Hi, everyone!

I would like to know what laptop brand you think is the most reliable. The laptop brand that you think would not fail you. One that produces good build quality for its products and provides great customer support. Do you buy a laptop from a brand that is always seen in ads?

For me, it would be ASUS because they haven't let me down yet through all these years. :)

2. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

I may be a little biased, as an IBM is the only brand other than Dell that I have purchased, but the customer support, the online diagnostic tools, and the option for extended warranty, along with the fact that all of my computers purchased from Dell Inc. lasted a minimum of 5 years gives my statement on the reliability of Dell laptops credibility. The type of reliability that I am referring to also includes the performance of the laptop as purchased.

3. AlisaTR

AlisaTR New Member

I have purchased Lenovo, Dell, Acer and HP laptops with cost and space being the primary consideration each time. Customer service was not a consideration and I was never really wooed by ads.

After a period using each laptop that I would only describe as user testing, I decided that the Lenovo laptops were a too bulky for my taste while the Dell and HP laptops did not last very long. Of course, this is not an indictment on the manufacturers themselves. In fact, I admit that I am sometimes not very careful in the way that I handle my laptops and I have had to change laptops fairly quickly over the years.

For my last purchase, I decided that cheap and functional was best and I bought an Acer laptop. I noted that the size and speed were reasonable, there was a sufficient amount of hard drive space, and more importantly, the price was affordable. I have had the Acer for some time now and it appears to be holding up fairly well.

4. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

Dell actually sent a technician to repair my pad, after shipping me the part free of charge (shipping included). Not familiar with other manufacture's but, with the outstanding customer service and support that I get from them, I see no reason whatsoever to explore other brands. I also have a line of credit with them. Undeniable one of the best, if not the best brand to be associated with.

5. Missolweru

Missolweru New Member

Personally,I think Toshiba is the best in the game.That machine is built to last and I can attest to that.I once dropped my Toshiba laptop accidentally of course,and no damage was done to it at all

6. zdevilinside

zdevilinside New Member

It really depends upon what you are using your system for and how much you want to spend. For general use, Dell is by far the best in my opinion. They have solid, stable systems that are designed to last. If it is a gaming system, I look at Clevo/Sager, MSI or Gigabyte laptops. Sure, Alienware is a great brand but they have too high of a cost. Personally, I use Clevos for my laptops without bothering to look at any other brand. This is because they offer desktop hardware in your laptop.

7. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja New Member

A laptop is one of the most important devices that I have as I use it for work, business, and training. It is essentially my education, business, entertainment, and social hub.

I personally recommend Dell. I have used Dell laptops for 3 years now and I believe that they make really good laptops. They design ergonomic laptops with good value and high-rated performance. I also like its keyboard, it is just perfect for the size of my hands.

The only drawback is I heard from reviews that they have poor customer service, I haven't had any issues with my laptop so I cannot say anything about that.

Use Dell, it's great.

8. Kenway98

Kenway98 New Member

The most trusted brand of laptop for me is ASUS because ASUS is great with using it in a different kind of things like playing video games in high performance and editing a video without a problem. ASUS laptop is best for a gamer, but also for doing a work anywhere. Most of my friend use ASUS laptop and they recommend it for me that ASUS brand can be trusted to buy and use. This is the reason why I trust ASUS than other brand.

Anyona Nicholas likes this.
  9. Rommel

Rommel New Member

Hi,
    For me a reliable brand for a laptop is Dell. Specially those Dell Latitude model because they are really build for durability purposes so you can relay on this always. They also offer fast and latest processor and has a good customer support. Dell has been very good brand for laptop, Chromebook and PC's because they have been always in the top in this industry.

10. Nerdy

Nerdy New Member

It would have to be a MacBook Pro, irregardless of the price this for me is worth every single cent I've spent. I've had mine for almost 6 years and it's still as fast as the first day I starting using it. What I love the most is the aluminum body, the operating system which works intuitively with the keyboard and the track pad or mouse, last but on least is the high quality logic board.

Their customer service is very great, from what I've noticed, the staff is very knowledgeable about the brand.

11. Anyona Nicholas

Anyona Nicholas New Member

HP is the best. The graphics are awesome and the screen resolution. Customer care for HP are also available throughout any country. The memory (RAM and ROM) are also a great deal at relatively low price. The batteries are the only downside to HP laptops. Batteries last no more than 3hrs. The CPU perfomance is also great no matter how low your processor speed is. For coding, HP is the stand alone best. Only Lenovo can try competing HP!