IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What makes a student tense when reporting?

Discussion in 'Education' started by mae.espra, Oct 19, 2017.

1. mae.espra

mae.espra New Member

I usually got tense when I am about to report. My hands will start to wet and I will feel so cold. Is this because you are pressured to present in front of your classmates? Or you are afraid that there might be something wrong to your presentation in terms of handling the information?

2. vhinz

vhinz New Member

Unprepared for the report is one of the reasons that makes student tense when reporting. But of course there are also prepared students that are tensed when reporting. And it could be because of lack of self confidence. Students that are not confident on themselves really struggle in reporting. They don't believe in what they can do and keep on thinking what other people might say. Even they prepared so much for their report, they still lost and screwed up on their report because they have been overcome by their self-doubts. They might feel intimidated thinking that their classmates are intelligent and might be throwing lots questions that are difficult to answer. It could also be that is the first time that their going to have their reporting. Only few students could be really confident to stand in front of the class to deliver their report.

3. jayceegasa

jayceegasa New Member

Being unprepared with their report is one thing. But even those who are prepared get tense when already infront. There are students who are not fund of being infront and talking. They may have their presentation ready, practiced what they are going to say, they even have handouts but everything turned blank when on stage already. Such students can't battle stage fright and inhibitions. Even the brightest of student in class get tense when consumed by these.
    I suggest, getting acquainted on stage and facing the audience is a great help for every student.

4. davidwachira

davidwachira New Member

Students tense when reporting due to various reasons. There those who tense because they are not prepared well and some are have low self esteem.Those that are not prepared well feel that they will deliver a poor presentation and this would make them a laughing stock among their peer.Low self esteem also makes one feel inferior and even when is prepared he feels that he will not be able to deliver quality work.

It is important for each student to identify what makes him or her to tense and come up with the necessary remedy.
    Those with low self esteem should go for counseling so that they can improve the same.