IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What qualities make a great teacher?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Tricster, Jun 1, 2017.

1. juan de la cruz

juan de la cruz New Member

This one should be the number one quality of a teacher. A side from that a teacher must be passionate about his job helping other people to learn properly. He/she should be able to maintain high level of energy in the whole classroom he is handling. He should be able to understand each students problems and difficulties in order to know how to approach each individual. Last on my personal opinion a teacher should maintain professionalism on her duties and personal relation among their students.

2. elenaalcongerardo

elenaalcongerardo New Member

Teaching is not just a work, it is a passion. I always got disappointed to teachers nowadays. Most of them are not patient enough. Sorry for the offense to teachers. This is just my opinion.

A teacher must have the discipline first. They must be patient enough with their students. Some of them don't care if their students don't understand their teaching. They will just tell that "It's not my fault that they aren't listening." That's quite unrespectful though. There are merely students who listen every time but they can't understand easily. Let us put in our minds that individuals have different level of intelligence. This is inevitable. So teachers must have the patience all the time.

3. Richard

Richard New Member

A great teacher should first be teacheable so as to have first hand experience being a student. Most teachers are good listeners,understanding,humble,kind,disciplinary,hardworking & very patient.Most teachers are never shy off speaking up their mind.