IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What should I do since I’ve discovered my son is playing computer games behind our backs every day?

Discussion in 'Games' started by asim, Jul 5, 2017.

1. asim

asim New Member

Are you serious?

You could have a drug addict or an alcoholic as a son. Instead, you have a university student who is actually working on his life, and you are worried he spends a couple of hours a night on GTA?

I study astrophysics, I am writing a novel, I am investing in real estate, and I am learning Swedish, AND I spend more time gaming than that (mainly because it is how I socialize with friends all over the world, using a headset - basically like a phone call - while we game). But I don’t watch T.V, I don’t go out on the weekends, I don’t smoke, and I don’t drink.

What he chooses to do in his free time is up to him. He is an adult now, and unless he starts failing, you have no reason to ask him to stop, not that you have the right to anyway.

I honestly think you need a huge reality check.

2. AnimeLover

AnimeLover New Member

I think playing is not bad as long as he is not neglecting his studies. but if you are really bothered try to ask him about it but not in a way that he will get offended.