IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's more important to lose weight - exercise or diet?

Discussion in 'Health' started by extreme231988, Oct 11, 2017.

1. extreme231988

extreme231988 New Member

It appears like a straightforward answer of 'both', but I had been wondering what folks have actually found themselves when attempting to lose weight (and let's face it - almost all us have been there!) - has changing your daily diet or upping your exercise level helped you more? Individually, I have were able to lose a good offer of weight (10kgs, which is approximately 22 pounds) by changing to a low-fat vegan diet, but it appears like easily want to eliminate the previous few persistent pounds I'll have to begin working out as well. Sigh. What have other visitors found? Also be sure to check out this great infographic which actually breaks down the science behind successful weight loss.

2. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

While both are important for optimum health, in my opinion from personal experience diet reigns supreme. The minute i changed the way I ate the ponds just fell off. This coming from someone who has actively lifted weights and hiked mountains for 4 years now. I gained a significant amount of muscle and strength, dropped major inches, loss some weight but the major weight loss happened when I switch to a better diet. I definitely believe if it is weight that you want to keep off, having an effective diet plan is key.

For optimum health exercise should always be implemented though.

Cheers to your health :)