IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's your favorite streaming app to watch movies and tv shows on?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by monisha jordan, Dec 23, 2016.

?

What's your favorite streaming app?

1. Hulu

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Netflix

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Amazon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. monisha jordan

monisha jordan New Member

I would have to say my favorite streaming app would be Hulu because it has more varieties than most. Hulu also post tv shows most recent episodes, rather Netflix takes a whole minute to update their episodes.

Netflix doesn't have a big variety when it comes to movies. Don't get me wrong, they got some pretty good movies such as, Lila & Eve and Brotherly Love (which happens to be my most favorite movie on Netflix right now).

As far as pricing goes, I think they are the same price, $7.99 monthly or I think Netflix may done went up a dollar. I'm not for sure, but either way, can't beat that.

I also like Amazon, simple because I have learned to tweak it and add the app Kodi on it. Kodi is an app, originial I learned of from Android, it basically like free cable along with sport packages plus every streaming app all in one.

2. Joshh71390

Joshh71390 New Member

I think it really depends here. Personally I prefer Netflix and HBO as a combo deal. HBO is a powerhouse when it comes to shows. They are not huge conglomerate (sure they might be a part of one) but they make all of their shows in-house, and do not "buy" the rights to already aired shows. This is not exactly true with Netflix, but they are catching on fast.

Why would this be important?

Look at it this way, NBC - They have such a large holding that a tanked show does not really have much effect on them, they still have news stations, they still have news, syndicated shows, etc. With in-house productions like HBO and now Netflix, their bottom line relies so heavily on customer subscriptions. Say instead of putting out shows like Game of Thrones and Sopranos, they put out some of the junk you see on regular tv? They would go under because their subscriptions would tank.

This same reason has a positive effect on the quality in a way also, because regular tv is based so heavily on many smaller rise and falls in-between commercial breaks, it's not a coincidence, these writers are forced to write the show to move around advertisement breaks, where the viewer is almost held hostage until the end of the break, only to realize that nothing important even happened. =)

Also, when the studio makes it's own content, rather then buying stuff, the whole team is on board rather then just some high powered suit approving things simply because it seems like a good idea =)

I always switch because we all know that the new stuff runs out, but luckily it, since their so invested in these in-house productions, they actually keep shows going strong, rather then just letting shows die when the hype lessens.

3. Energysage97

Energysage97 New Member

When it comes to tv shows, I choose Hulu hands down. I love the selections and the fact that it updates when new episodes come out. When it comes to movies, I always pick Netflix. In my opinion, they have a better and wider range when it comes to movies. With those two together I never watch cable nor do I have the desire to.