IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

When are you planning to retire? 40, 65, 80?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by tallulah, Jul 7, 2017.

1. tallulah

tallulah New Member

The generally accepted age for retirement is 65 years old. At this age, it is considered you have worked for at least 35-40 years and the body needs to take a rest. My question is, should this rule apply to everyone? In my opinion, I feel individuals should be able to determine their own retirement age. Some group are exempted from this rule automatically based on their status and birth circumstances. Royal families and children who inherit family money.

So what age do you plan to retire? Are you on the right track at the moment towards this?

2. NeilTarquin

NeilTarquin New Member

My plan is to enjoy life at 50. I'm 38 and I'm still nowhere near of that plan. I guess age are just numbers and retirement really depends on a person. In my opinion, there is actually no actual guideline to what is the right age to retire, so nothing should be applied to anyone. Some is actually content to what they have that the decide to end their career early, some may still work at the age of 60 because they think it's a waste of time to sit around. My idea for this topic is, it's a personal view on what is their best age to retire.