IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which browser for browsing?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by yahyalamghari, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Memelordjuli

Memelordjuli New Member

Chrome is a great browser. Especially for a student, since more and more schools are adopting Google Classroom, Drive, etc. It starts up quickly, and has a simple but neat layout. It also allows you to add themes to spice things up a bit.

2. yowsef24

yowsef24 New Member

I would recommend using Google Chrome as this software uses more reliable security than other browser. Chrome also loads faster and It has an extension that will help your browsing experience more convenient. Easy to download and install that requires low capacity on your storage and ram.

3. zoeann06

zoeann06 New Member

If you have a Google account, I would recommend Google Chrome. There are other great reasons to have Google Chrome without necessarily having an account; the graphics, the organization factors and the layout of the software are just a few reasons I prefer Chrome.

4. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

I've been using Google chrome for the past several years. In my opinion it's the best now - fast, easy, user-friendly and its interface is not overloaded. I like the extensions menu, it's very easy to find what you need and install it.

My second choice would be Firefox as I've used it for some time as well and can't say anything bad to be honest. I also use Explorer sometimes but that's only because some of my work related sites are designed to work properly only on IE. But in all other cases this one is definitely the slowest.

5. Omair Ahmed

Omair Ahmed New Member

I would suggest you to use Google Chrome because it is fast as well as it has a good design. But, if you want a browser for hacking or programming purposes, then give Mozilla Firefox a try.

6. Yash Raj Karthikey

Yash Raj Karthikey New Member

Mostly I use Google Chrome. But when it comes to Web Standards and Assessing the websites built by you, you can prefer Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. They are also a good alternatives. However, Google chrome is preferable and the most usable one for standard Browsing.

7. JamesMiller

JamesMiller New Member

For browsing, I would only recommend Google Chrome. It’s the best browser in terms of performance. If I have 5+ tabs opened on Internet Explorer on my 2GB-ram laptop, my computer will start lagging badly, but on Google Chrome I can easily run 10+ tabs smoothly, which is kind of unbelievable. It also has a great interface, and it’s especially convenient for those who use other Google services, e.g. gmail, Youtube, drive, blogger, etc.

8. Sangita Devi

Sangita Devi New Member

Chrome is the best of the best and I think that nothing can beat chrome. It uses a lot of memory but the amazing performance compensates the usages. It's worth it. The chrome extension market is one of the largest among all the browser.

9. BirdCute

BirdCute New Member

For now, I use Mozilla Firefox. I always have multiple browsers installed in case I need to do some testing, but I use Firefox as my primary browser because I think that it's the easiest to use. It doesn't use many system resources (which is very important to me) and I especially like how it can sync tabs and other user data across devices. I used to use Chrome, but it started behaving weirdly and I got tired of it. Opera is also not bad, but the user interface just isn't for me.

10. LyzeMoore

LyzeMoore New Member

I actually use Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Safari is my least favorite browser, but it's a default on my iPhone, so I use it there. On my PC, I originally had Firefox, but due to certain jobs and when I started school, Google Chrome was required. After using Google Chrome for a while, though, I've actually started to like it better than Firefox. I say this because it seems to work best with the online working world and it's becoming the browser that many people go to, so it's convenient.

11. Laura

Laura New Member

I think the answer is Firefox because I have found that it works best for any site or download. Even my online school worked best with Firefox. The only thing about Firefox is updating it. I might be still working with it but it is asking me to restart. I also find that Google Chrome is a good competitor for Firefox but it is not good for every site or download like Firefox. This is just my perspective because I have not used any other browsers mentioned here besides IE.

12. peter

peter New Member

The best browser that one can use depends with its browsing speed. Without any ads on the browsers I would go for Chrome or Firefox. With Chrome it may crash depending on the number of opened tabs, while Firefox is more stable than Chrome despite many number of opened tab. You also have to consider the search engine you are using. According to my search, I think Google is the fastest search engine.
    If it’s a single tab Chrome would be faster than Firefox and vice versa.

13. Joel7050

Joel7050 New Member

I prefer Google Chrome. It is linked to everything else such as YouTube and Gmail, with my Google Account and provides convenience while browsing. Those with 2gb of RAM may prefer to use Firefox instead as Google Chrome is known to use higher amounts of RAM compared to other browsers. I have 8gb of RAM and run Google Chrome just fine.

14. 701JH3YK050J4S90

701JH3YK050J4S90 New Member

Chrome and Firefox are the browsers with the biggest market share on desktop. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Firefox is better at respecting users' privacy, whereas Chrome tracks users and collects a lot of information for Google (which is understandable, since Google is an advertising company). Firefox is very strict in how it follows web standards, which means that some hacks that work in Chrome simply fail in Firefox. The worst was always Internet Explorer - for years web developers have had to put in extra work because Microsoft, for whatever reason, didn't abide by the same standards as the other browsers; but this is reportedly much better in Edge (which in fact has a better accessibility rating than either Chrome or Firefox). I prefer Chrome spinoffs that have Google's data collection features disabled, since it gives you a faster Chrome and you don't have to worry about privacy. Some good examples of this are Inox for Arch Linux and the "Ungoogled-Chromium" browser.

15. trustworthy4all

trustworthy4all New Member

There are various browsers to browse on net. But which is appropriate to you? It depends which operating system you are using. If you use windows xp, don't use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. In this case use Mozila Firefox only otherwise browsing problem will be shown. Except Windows XP if you use other updated version of operating system you can use any type of browser as you like. But I like especially three types of browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

16. xzreplays

xzreplays New Member

I have been using Google Chrome for almost 3 years now and I must say it's much better than any other browser. It's fast, efficient and easy to use which not any other browsers have. Chrome is much better than explorer because it doesn't crash when you are using it compared to Internet Explorer.

17. skinnyP

skinnyP New Member

I have always used Chrome as my main browser ever since it was first released. Chrome has been the top browser (in my opinion) for several years. The availability of numerous useful add-ons is another huge plus. However, it has recently grown very resource hungry and I have noticed a performance dip. So, I have started to use Firefox when Chrome is acting up too much. I am also trying out Vivaldi which is based on Chrome and looks slick and awesome.

18. Shadowkatt

Shadowkatt New Member

I tend to use Mozilla mostly out of familiarity and ease of access. I have used Chrome in the past and it is a rather good browser, however it is also CPU heavy for slightly older computers. So out of the two I would say Mozilla.

Another thing that comes to mind is that Chrome generally has easier interfacing with online programs and the like when visiting a website.

19. daniel njonge

daniel njonge New Member

Mozilla Firefox does best for me. In my phone I also uses it when not using opera mini btiI always prefer Mozilla Firefox.

20. Masterio

Masterio New Member

Google Chrome is the most recommended browser in the Internet's history. I do agree with all of them, the speed of browsing websites is very less compared to other browsers. I am addicted to Chrome and wish to continue using it.