IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Who else is disappointed in Miley Cyrus?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mama2boys, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Mama2boys

Mama2boys New Member

I used to love Miley Cyrus, she was clean cut, polite and always happy. Suddenly the song 'You can't tame me' comes out and she's half naked! And it just got worse from there! I felt I was watching Britney Spears all over again!
    Half of Miley's outfits now, I have to cover my kids eyes, I mean what happened to the happy go lucky pop star? She turned into a pure rebel and not one I would want my children seeing as a role model.
    Wonder what Billy Ray has to say about it

2. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I loved Miley back in the day, when she was Hannah Montana and part of Disney. Like you and many others, there came a time when I didn't like her because of what her image had become. However, I came to see her in a different light: She's doing things her way and living life her way. She's getting all of this critique when she really doesn't deserve it. I mean, come on, did we forget that Lady Gaga wore a meat dress once? Or all the different things Madonna's worn? What about Katy Perry?

Now, I don't mean to be rude and I'm sorry if I come off that way, but I'm just saying. I think Miley just got tired of having everything think of her as Hannah Montana and wanted to be her own self in her own way, if that makes sense. Granted, she could've gone about it perhaps in a less...outrageous way, but oh well. It's her decision, after all.

3. triforceguy1

triforceguy1 New Member

I would definitely agree with you on this point. Most of her childhood was spent as a Disney personality. This may seem like a dream, but I bet that, after a while, this can become tiring, and people would likely always associate her with Disney. She most likely wanted to break out from the clutches of Disney.

True, she could've chosen a less explicit way to break out, but at the same time, sometimes you need to do something really drastic to make an impression. One thing that I got taught when I used to study media studies, is that, generally, there is no such thing as bad publicity as long as you are in the public eye. We also have to take in consideration that she was also likely told to dress and act that way by her managers. I really do like Miley Cyrus though. I wish she would do more acting, I loved her character in those few episodes of Two and a Half Men.

AimlessDreamre likes this.
  4. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I would have to agree with you on your point as well. We can never really tell what's real and what's not when it comes to celebrities, especially since things like TMZ and such like to play it up sometimes. I think she is a really good actress as well and wish she would do more too. I loved her in LOL and when she did Bolt. Also, from what I've seen, she's also a very good coach on The Voice. All in all, I really do like her and think she's a pretty cool person.

triforceguy1 likes this.
  5. triforceguy1

triforceguy1 New Member

Don't get me started on celebrity reporting. I've read some stuff in papers tabloids like National Enquirer, or sometimes I'm in the same room as my mom when she is watching E!, and some of the faff I see is shocking. It's horrible how vile some of the outlets and journalists can be, they do not deserve to have their privates lives pried on.

Anywho, back on topic. I never knew she lent her voice in Bolt, then again, I've never seen the movie. I think she is probably a pretty cool person in real life, and I definitely wouldn't mind meeting her.

AimlessDreamre likes this.
  6. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I know, right? I hate the media like that has to do stuff like that! It's terrible and unfair and most of the time untrue! I would hate to have their jobs....lol...

But yeah she did lend her voice to the character Penny in Bolt. If you ever get the chance, you should check it out! It's a pretty cute movie! John Travolta voiced Bolt. Another interesting factoid: John Travolta and Miley Cyrus sang a song together for the movie. I agree with you that she is cool and I wouldn't mind meeting her in person either!

triforceguy1 likes this.
  7. AlessMeison

AlessMeison New Member

I am, i dont like the way she wear her clothes, she have so young fans, so i disagree