IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Who will win the next Ballon D'or in 2018?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by shaunssyw, Jun 26, 2017.

1. shaunssyw

shaunssyw New Member

The world’s most coveted individual award, the Ballon d’or 2018 will be awarded for the best performer in the calendar year 2017. The award has just become the personal property of the two footballing legends, Leo Messi and Ronaldo. With arguably both being far from finished, we shall have to wait a little longer for the Ballon d’or to become a FIFA prize again. The Portuguese look odds-on to claim the award for the fifth time to draw level with Messi in December. Ronaldo is some way behind Lionel Messi’s 51 goals in all competitions this term. But with Madrid La Liga title and also the Champions League cup in view, Cristiano could end the season with both of the major trophies in his possession. So what do you guys think?

2. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

I have no choice but to agree with you. As a Barcelona fan, Lionel Messi is an obvious favorite stemming from an old arguement of Messi being a natural talent.

However, this football season has seen various heights reached by C Ronaldo including assisting his country to lift European Championship 2016, winning the Champions league and La Liga and so on.

Despite Messi's successes including the Copa Del Rey and the likes like winning the recent El Classico match, I think C Ronaldo is a favorite as far as this year's Ballon D'or is concerned.

3. shaunssyw

shaunssyw New Member

I am a Barcelona and Lionel Messi's fans as well, but we all knows that the Ballon D'or is usually decided by the amount of trophy they won during the season. So I guess that the amount of Ballon D'or won will be similar between both of them after this year. However, I am curious will both of them able to maintain the level of play they are currently showing at this moment or someone else (Neymar etc) will come up and probably snatch next season Ballon D'or. What do you think Tiile23?

4. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

Please go to support on the Forum wheel and contact the administrator to send an activation link to "richardtiile30@gmail.com" because my account isn't yet activated although I submitted 10 posts already, so that we can talk more. Thank you

5. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

Neymar at Brazil is different from Neymar at Barca. His lifting of the Ballon D'or in future "I think" depends on whether his role at Barca is reviewed. If you have been very observant, at Brazil he plays "free role", but at Barca he's quite restricted in movement. Don't forget that other potential contenders like Hazard, Mbappe, Dybala etc are equally on the rise. So depending on how his (Neymar's) style of play will be, will determine whether he can lift the trophy or not in future.