IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Your Operating System -Likes/Dislikes

Discussion in 'Computers' started by David17, Jun 23, 2017.

1. David17

David17 New Member

I know most people use Windows OS than Mac, Linux and Ubuntu (the popular ones). But did you know they're over ten Computer operating systems? Computer OS can be categorized by technology, ownership, licensing, working state, usage, and by many other characteristics.
    My favorite Operating System (OS) is the common Windows OS. What I like about Windows OS is it's price. The fact that it's widespread used, makes it the default OS for most applications you'd find online. What I dislike about Windows is its frequent crashes and exposure to virus attacks unlike the Mac OS. What have you to say about your operating system?

2. Chiefson

Chiefson New Member

My operating system is Windows, and Windows 8 to be precise. It's not because I dislike Windows 10 or 8.1, but just that I'm more comfortable with the Windows 8. I feel the interface is easier to use than most that of the Windows 10, 7, 8.1, etc.

The least said about Mac OS, Obuntu, Linux, the better. To me, those operating systems are extremely difficult to use and unfriendly. Mac OS for instance, is so complicated and highly different from Windows. So different!!

3. JonathanS

JonathanS New Member

Well, I was aware that there are several operating systems (besides the ones listed) to choose from. Generally, though, I think the market puts blinders on consumers by only highlighting certain ones. Unless you do your own research, you'll probably be steered towards Mac OS or Windows; completely unaware of other options.

My PC is another story on a different day. But for my laptop, I use Windows 10. I've had it since 2013 and originally bought the laptop as a Windows 8 OS. Then the 8.1 version came out. That was my favorite operating system by Windows, to be honest. If I could have it my way, I would still be on 8.1. However, I don't even use my laptop like that nowadays. Regarding Windows 10, I like the user-friendly aspects of it. But, I don't feel the upgrade was very successful for most users including myself. My dad bought his PC in 2013 as well. However, it was on Windows 7, upgraded to 10. Because of the upgrade, the entire motherboard was fried. Basically, Windows 10 distorted the power management system within the laptop itself, sending too much energy to the motherboard. Resulting in a somewhat melted PC internally (Lol). Thankful the hard drive could be salvaged.

My likes are that it's user-friendly. My dislikes are mainly due to the fact I feel we (Windows users) were sort of railroaded onto the upgrade. Resulting in many issues depending on your laptop specifications.