1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Online discussion forums good for well-being

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GearZ, May 8, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ Well-Known Member Moderator

KenBrace likes this.
  2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I've been a forum enthusiast for the past couple years now and it definitely has changed my life. Forums beat social media any day of the week. They are so much more interesting, engaging, & productive. I have definitely noticed that my thinking both online and offline has become more discussion oriented. My rhetoric, vocabulary, and debating skills have also improved greatly. That was a great read. Thanks for sharing!

3. KimberlyD

KimberlyD Well-Known Member Moderator

Thanks GearZ. That is an interesting study and I am not surprised at the results. Forums have been around longer then main stream social media sites like Facebook but are still holding strong. Forums just have something that SM's don't... class for one.

KenBrace likes this.
  4. laurie123

laurie123 New Member

I agree, forums are better than social media sites. I do like face book only because I can keep in contact with family far away and see pictures. I have very few friends on my list because I can't keep up with it. People that have hundreds of friends on their list is crazy. I know people that are on there all day just to keep up and that's ridiculous!

KenBrace likes this.
  5. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Well-Known Member

I didn't analyze much the study as to the number of respondents, their age, their interests, their mental ability, and so on and so forth. It may be helped the personality of those respondents if they do interact in the forum as helpful, kind, courteous, and considerate. And more knowledgeable of their theme or topic being talked about.

I have not been to forum before. I just got interested to join in any forum, of any area of focus or interest for the reason of earning a penny. I am more on writing. Nevertheless, a good forum platform may produce good people, The admin is the key person to moderate the discussion, to control the flow of interaction among the members on board or online.