1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

What did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cheeaka, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Cheeaka

Cheeaka Well-Known Member

Greetings ForumWheelers, hope all is well with everybody:). Hope everybody had a Merry Christmas:).

Care to share what presents you gave and/or received for Christmas? Did you get/give something really fabulous?
    Anybody planning on returning anything?

2. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

I had a pretty modest reunion. Other than the date it happened it wasn't very Christmasy.
    I did not give any gifts. I received a pin and some cards which are way more than what I was expecting to get at all, haha.
    I watched 'Gremlins' with a friend, who insisted that was a valid Xmas movie suggestion. :D

Cheeaka likes this.
  3. Cheeaka

I love that you watched Gremlins:D! I haven't seen that movie in ages.
    You didn't even expect a pin and some cards? My, my... someone must have been naughty this year;) (jk).

My Christmas was very relaxed and laid-back, just like how I like certain things. I loved it:cool:.

4. Cheeaka

January 10th, 2017
    Tuesday

Well, things to be 'under construction' here at the Forum Wheel, but 'no-matter'. I've been away due to computer issues and I feel like typing, so I'll type to myself.:D
    It's kind of like in real-life, when everyone around me is otherwise engaged, so I talk to myselfo_O:rolleyes::):):D, lol:).
    Talking to myself, typing to myself-- same thing, different format:).

On December 25th exactly, I didn't get any presents, however, I did get presents a couple of days prior to December 25. I got some perfume:D, a few candles:), and a couple of other things too. I really like getting and giving gifts.

I think that I really need to get serious about my gift-giving for 2017 and start shopping and preparing much earlier. Seems like every year the holidays kind of sneak up on me. And how is that possible, for something to sneak up on you that comes at the exact same time every yearo_O??

I love the holidays so I like to do things up big and lovely, but for some reason I always seem to get a late start at things:oops:.
    Perhaps I need to drink more coffee, help my get-up-and-go a bit. Speaking of coffee, I should drink some right now! I love that idea.
    Right now, right now-- though, I'm gonna mosey on over to my New Years Eve threads and write over there as well:D. I adore this forum!!

5. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I've done my fair share of talking to myself in forums and real life too, hahaha.
    Around January is the best time to get the Christmas decorations and stuff, I think. As for preparing the gifts, I am terrible when it comes to hiding them for months but I find that easier than trying to get everything in December. Sometimes you are walking out and you just see something perfect for the other person. I rather just to give them as I find them so I might find myself in December empty handed, haha.

I hadn't noticed your reply before, that sure got me laughing.

Cheeaka likes this.
  6. Cheeaka

I love talking to myself, it thrills me, lol:D.
    I have some really great conversations with myself:):D, but I'm sure you know all about that because
    you said that you've done your fair share of talking to yourself too:cool:.

I really didn't think about whether January is the best time to get Christmas decorations, but now that you mention it,
    I can totally see how that is the case. January is right after December, and a lot of the items that didn't sell in December
    are on display for the January sales. I get it. I don't think I've ever really given that subject much thought before.

Regardless of any January sales though, right now is not the best time for me to engage in any shopping activities because I'm having
    some financial challenges: my car needs to be fixed, and my laptop is in the shop again (so I'm using my son's laptop whenever I can).
    Any type of "extra" shopping has to be put on hold...

Well, it should be put on hold, but sometimes I'm not as disciplined as I should be when it comes to holding off on the shopping. I'm telling you the truth when I say that sometimes an item literally talks to you when you are in a store.

You're walking by, minding your own business, and all of a sudden, you can almost hear a certain purse
    (or wallet, or value-sized bag of chocolate candy) say, "Buy me. Buy me this instant, I'm 40% off."o_O:rolleyes::):):)

I don't know if I'm terrible at hiding gifts from someone for months and months until December comes around, but it sure would be nice to have the money to buy the gifts, buy them, and then see if I'm terrible at hiding the gifts, or not:).

Come to think of it, I might not be too good at it because I remember some years back, I bought one of my Aunts something sweet to eat as her Christmas present.
    I wrapped it, put it under the Christmas tree, but then a few days later, I went under the tree, found her gift, unwrapped it
    and ate it myselfo_Oo_O:eek::oops::rolleyes:, and had nothing to give her when Christmas day came around.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. That sweet things sound like something I'd do, except that I probably wouldn't even resist enough to wrap it.
    I understand about the extras being put aside to make room for what's urgent and what's important.
    My new year gift was to learn I was losing my job in less than two weeks, okay let's be fair, I learned that on the 28 of December but still, kind of hard to think about expenses when you have no stable income so most likely once the forum subscription is open I will try to make some cents from here. This is why you are finding me here more often nowadays. xD

Cheeaka likes this.
  8. Cheeaka

Wow, am I just now seeing this message over a year later?:eek::oops:o_O:( I am SO sorry.

9. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Yo! How is it going?
    Fortunately for me, I was able to get a job in another restaurant as kitchen hand I am still employed there so it's all good now. I also moved to a way better neighbourhood, haha. So things have been looking up. :)

Cheeaka likes this.
  10. Cheeaka

Yo, back to you! things are going okay.:) Could be better thougho_O.

As for you:D... A new job, a better place. What blessings.:cool:

I was just let go from a job a couple days ago, and I'm kind of upset about it because it was my fault. Long story short, I was doing great on the job, but letting outside personal things affect my showing up to the job. Ah life. You gotta love it. My newly found time off gives me more time for other things, so there's that. And hopefully I will be able to say soon enough that I got another job too... or the same job contacts me and says they want me back because they miss me terribly, which would be fine too.:D

Kaynil likes this.
  11. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Wow, sorry to hear about the job situation. I can relate a lot with letting outside affairs affect the job. Hopefully those elements making it harder for you fulfil the roster are now gone, or at least under control. I am glad to hear you are taking advantage of that new-found time. You got my best wishes for getting either that last job back or finding one as good or better. :)

Cheeaka likes this.
  12. Cheeaka

My apologies for the late reply. Thanks for your comment about my job situation. You are going to love this... so I got another job!!:cool:
    But wait, don't celebrate yet...
    And wouldn't you know it, that same situation got in my way again!:eek:o_O:mad: Only in a different form.

Let me explain:). In the first scenario with the job, I got into a really bad argument with a family member. After my argument with her, I was so upset, I didn't work for two days, which ultimately cost (costed?) me that job.

Second scenario with the new job. Same family member, only this time we weren't fighting, we were hanging around, having a good time.
    So, because of hanging out with this family member... on good terms this time, no argument... I was very late to work at my new job on my first official day. Unbelievable, right?o_O

I still have this job, but now it is on an on-call basis. There has not been much work lately, but I expect things to pick up soon. I just have to remember to put work first.o_O:)I'm still taking advantage of my time off.:D

Kaynil likes this.