IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

AMD or Intel?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by flanboy, Feb 2, 2019.

?

AMD vs. Intel

1. AMD

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Intel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. flanboy

flanboy New Member

Personally, I use Intel and have been an avid user of Intel products. I grew up around Intel, my grandfather worked for Intel for some time, overall I believe they are a wonderful company that creates wonderful products. But, I have always been curious about the argument for AMD processors? I've never seen the appeal and have even found Intel-based motherboards to be better than their AMD counterparts as well.

So, my question is; why choose AMD over Intel, or vice versa?

2. sammhung

sammhung New Member

I prefer AMD over Intel. AMD have the best value of CPU's. Compare the Ryzen 3 2200g and intel i3 8100. They are both quad-core CPU's. The i3 8100 is a bit better but the price difference is huge. AMD CPU's are now even getting better. Look at the Ryzen 3 3200g. It is cheaper and better then the i3 8100. But intel is also improving. They recently just released the i3 9100f which offers insanely cheap price with very good performance. So in conclusion, if you want better performance intel would be better but if you want a better value CPU AMD would be the right choice.