IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are you a music snob?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sabusan, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sabusan

Sabusan New Member

Do you judge people on what they listen to? Look down on them for listening to the newest boy band or pop music sensation? Then internally judge them or even comment to them, that what they listen to sucks.

I find myself personally doing this quite often and I have to check myself sometimes. Realizing, we are all different and what floats your boat isn't what floats mine and just respecting that. But I still look down on people who listen to New Direction.

AimlessDreamre likes this.
  2. samanb1213

samanb1213 New Member

I am somewhat of a music snob. I don't like country much. I don't like hard core rap. I like some metal, grunge, and R&B. I like a song with a good beat. I like some rap but not hard core. I need a song that moves me. I don't listen much to music anymore, not like I used to. I would if there was someone or a group I liked. Music today isn't very moving or original anymore. It's not like it was in the days of Prince, or Motley Crue. What happened to good music? It's like there isn't any anymore. Everyone died or got strung out on drugs. There are no good bands anymore. It is sad.

3. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I don't like admitting it, but I've done this a few times as well. Nowadays, I'm trying to get in the mindset that if people knew what I listened to, they might judge me for that.

Now, I don't mean to be rude or anything like that, but I don't agree that you still look down on people who listen to 'ONE' (not New) Direction. They actually have a lot of good songs and yeah they're a generic boy band, but so what? People like what they like and haters gonna hate.

Music is a universal language and people shouldn't be judged by what they listen to or what they don't listen to. I'm still learning that but I'm getting there.

4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

I am a music lover. I don't have the inclination to be a music snob. I know I have preference for what kind of music I would like to listening, what kind of band, solo singer. Since I was a kid, I started loving to music when I overheard my elder brother who sings an operatic songs. And also when I happened to know that I have a family of musicians. It is great to have music in my life. I think others are having that feeling too. Music is a universal language so to speak. Wherever you go there is a music. I don't think I would be a snobber of music.