IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Attractive Qualities

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Montcell, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Montcell

Montcell New Member

What do you think of as attractive qualities in a person? Have you gone after people who are an example of those qualities or have you gone after people who are the exact opposite? Based on those qualities would you consider you yourself to be attractive? If you do and your qualities don't match the qualities you find attractive what is it about yourself that you find attractive?

Wow that's a mouthful. But yeah, I can honestly say that I have not ever went after anyone for the first 22 years of my life. So, when it came to actually seeing people in an attractive way, I was most interested in how comfortable I was around them. Meaning that if I wasn't able to talk to them or even hold a conversation with them, which was rare, I wouldn't even notice them.

Once we start talking that's when I'll start noticing features, but by that point I'll already find them attractive just from the conversations we have. So for me the one and probably only quality I find attractive in other people is their intellect. And I don't really find myself all that attractive based on that because I am the worst conversationalist in the world especially when we're face to face.

nosleep3134 likes this.
  2. Shaguftaa

Shaguftaa New Member

I understand all that you have said. But, how does the ability of being a conversationalist make you unattractive?
    I happen to know completely introverted people, who don't talk to anyone and are pathetic at face to face conversations, but they are beautiful human beings on the inside, and I love that about them.
    And to answer your first question - we all get attracted to people who are something that we aspire to be. If they inspire us or touch us mentally, in a way that no one else can, we naturally tend to get attracted to them

nosleep3134 likes this.
  3. Montcell

Montcell New Member

For me, not being able to hold a conversation, makes me feel awkward. Like what I'm saying is being magnified twice over because I have problems getting it out. And it just gets to the point where most of time I just say nothing. It just makes me feel like if I have nothing to say then it will make others think I truly have nothing going on in my head. That's why I consider a conversationalist to be an attractive quality or I should say a conversationalist who can draw me out of my shell so that they can see the real me. Unless someone is able to do that then they aren't really dating me. I don't want any confusion later down the line.

4. Regan Black

Regan Black New Member

I think the most attractive thing about a person is his/her gentle tone of voice. I find that attractive because the way they speak will stimulate you to be honest and open and be comfortable with them. I like deep conversations and I find it attractive that some people may want to talk to me nonstop about basically anything. Engaging conversations give us a kind of positive mental connection with each other.

Personally, I haven't gone after anyone in a while, nor have I had any deep conversations for the past year. But I do remember going after guys I don't know much about. I haven't even heard them talk much. However, this kind of attraction is only temporary because I might've just considered his looks and nothing else. But if I do get the chance to talk to him, I'm a bit fearful that I might scare him off with deep conversations early on. Maybe this is why I find the gentle tone of voice and deep conversations attractive: they're so rare to me these days.

I've been told my tone of voice is soothing, so maybe this is where it all started. And I do like to talk meaningfully with people. So yes, I consider myself attractive, in a manner of speaking. But I don't find myself attractive in a physical sense.

5. Wyvh

Wyvh New Member

I can do nothing but agree with you on this point. I find someone attractive when that person socially interacts with me in a certain way that it makes me feel comfortable and want to go into deeper conversations and it actually happens. The best of the best would be seeing that person not even looking at her phone messages or looking around like «please make me get away of this creep».. and god knows how many times this happened to me. Well, maybe I really am a creep, but being creepy might be attractive to some persons aswell ! Or not ? Maybe i'm just weird. But weirdness might be attractive aswell.

I'm getting too deep.

6. Regan Black

Regan Black New Member

I find weirdness adorable because it gives me a sort of window to someone's deeper personality. It's refreshing to talk to someone a little different from everyone else.

7. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

Picture this i like glasses not regular glasses but them big coke bottle glasses where i can see the pupils out the side of yo face, Definitely a woman that can eat that aint afraid to get grease on the sheets barbecue sauce all over ha face when chowing down on some baby back. Hefty but petite that never farted in her life wit just enough to handle. With the hey's and hi's you look like ca ca in the morning cause i probably cant say "S*@T", wit a swift smack to face before biting my lip,grits in the morning but in all. Can go without all the makeup but still rock some lip gloss,hair down in a wife beater as the only shirt im going to wear all day. that fun out the bun baby. "as good ol Bender would say".

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017