IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can the green house effect be reversed ?

Discussion in 'Science' started by pnjoro, Jun 21, 2017.

1. pnjoro

pnjoro New Member

Many scientists agree that the damage to the Earth's atmosphere and climate is past the point of no return or that the damage is near the point of no return. "I agree that we have passed the point of avoiding climate change," Josef Werne, an associate professor at the department of geology & planetary science at the University of Pittsburgh told Live Science. In Werne's opinion, there are three options from this point forward:
    1. Do nothing and live with the consequences.
    2. Adapt to the changing climate (which includes things like rising sea level and related flooding).
    3. Mitigate the impact of climate change by aggressively enacting policies that actually reduce the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

Keith Peterman, a professor of chemistry at York College of Pennsylvania, and Gregory Foy, an associate professor of chemistry at York College of Pennsylvania believes that the damage isn't to that point yet, and that international agreements and action can save the planet's atmosphere.

2. Caleb

Caleb New Member

On a personal note, I don'ty believe the greenhouse effect can be reversed or better still, completely reversed.

I think we have gotten to a point where we just have to start thinking of how to live with the consequences of our actions. I say this because if we want to completely reverse the green house effects, we will have to be ready to go back to the primitive ways of living.

The only option here is looking for a way to *modernise* those primitive ways of living, so that while we try to eradicate the present green house effects, we don't add more to them.