IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can there be a life without suffering?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Meryemm, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Eishita

Eishita New Member

A life without suffering is impossible. Not because it's bad, but the opposite. life without suffering is too good. So much so that if we did live in a world void of pain and struggle, we would not be able to appreciate the things we've worked to gain, thus, we would most likely live a boring life of stability. The ups and downs of life are what make it interesting and challenging. The worser the condition you go through, the more fulfilling happiness you gain.

Jennifer Steele likes this.
  2. Jennifer Steele

Jennifer Steele New Member

No I don't not believe there can be life without suffering, but I do believe their is life beyond suffering and that it can end. People have always asked me how I see life and I still stand by my thoughts created almost 20 years ago. Life is BITTER SWEET! The truth is we would never know how good something is until we know how bad it is. We aren't able to listen to stories of our ancestors and feel their experiences and their lessons. Unfortunately we have to experience our own story. It can be a story filled with pain but if we learn thru the pain we find something powerful and comforting following that pain, ultimately making the pain worth it. If we truly learn from it we humble ourselves and do not repeat that detour again, we know better. Therefore the suffering can come to an end. It's when choose to ignore what's being taught and we close our eyes and close our hearts, to the good or the sweet things in life. Therefore the cycle of suffering continues racing in a downward spiral erasing even the smallest thought that there is something other than the feeling of suffering. Leaving ones existence to become nothing but that.
    IT'S YOUR Choice! I just resort to the "BITTER SWEET'. When things are bitter, chew that garbage up, swallow and move on for desert because it's on its way. At 40 years old I have a lived a extremely intense journey, I probably should write a book, amd it's been my Bitter Sweet tactic has always pulled me through. Something simple!