IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Changes in the Music Scene

Discussion in 'Music' started by Diana Hernandez, Dec 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Diana Hernandez

Diana Hernandez New Member

You always think you know what goes on when the lights go out and the music stops at the end of a concert, performance, show or livestream. After meeting my fiancé who happens to be a musician it has completely changed my perspective of what a musician goes through before and after they go on stage to do what they love.

Music has evolved over the years and I have been looking back at so many things that have changed from countless music videos on MTV, to voting for your favorite music video to be aired on Total Request Live. Those are some of the things I enjoyed because it was one of the many things that highlighted music and made certain artists well known. Even watching musicians perform on award shows or concerts was memorable because so much creativity would go into some of the performances. Now it has come to performing on livestream and it's been interesting and different to say the least. Getting to set the time you want to perform and not have to worry about people trying to talk over you while singing or playing an instrument is a good thing, but worrying about whether you'll make any tips or how many people will even tune in to watch you perform is nerve wrecking.

Do you think the music scene has changed and if so in what way?