IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Creating your own movie

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jacquez Sparroe, May 27, 2019.

1. Jacquez Sparroe

Jacquez Sparroe New Member

It's not new for digitally inclined people to create own movies and share. When I watch videos in Youtube, I can see various effects applied and I enjoy how these could affect the message and impact on the videos.

Knowing that there are so many apps available for video editing out there, what are you using for your own movies?

2. Sammy Kalama

Sammy Kalama New Member

The view of how easy it is to create homemade movies has been made easy and advance by the current fast growing technology. The easiest thing to do is to shoot it on your phone with your friends. Nowadays, the cameras on phones like the iPhone 5s and Samsung Galaxy S5 are ridiculously good and have good quality. If you can teach yourself or someone to hold it steady you'll be good. Alternatively, you could employ shaky-cam and make it a feature of your movie (however, it's important to learn why and when shaky cam works).

You could easily edit the footage with many free editing apps on Android or iOS. Or you could export the footage to your computer and edit it with something like Windows Movie Maker or iMovie.

Making a feature-length film is an incredible undertaking, and many directors often start small. In the past, this was with home video cameras and making due with whatever resources they have. It's far easier to make something with no money now.