IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How many times can you listen to a song?

Discussion in 'Music' started by KenBrace, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Cindy Moten

Cindy Moten New Member

I can listen to a song until i get tired of it. it really depends on the voice and the words and beat of the song. I'm drawn in by the style and make up of the song. I love songs with meaning. I like the 90's era. I find beats appealing. if the song has a good beat without words; i'm definitely going to be listening to it over and over again. Some music artist have talent where they can have five good songs and the other songs on their album are just good beats. I can enjoy rhythm over and over again if it hits my heart the right way. Music is an art and talent. The way music is arranged is appealing to me. If it has too much bass and overpowers my thoughts, I won't listen for long. That is all I have to say about that.

2. abbey

abbey Member

I hardly get tired of a song that i really like, it depends on the content of the song. If its just a feel good song, then i could listen for a couple of times (maybe 3) and that's it. A song that contains a message hardly gets old, no matter how many times i listen to it, its still sounds amazing.
    These are the kinds of songs that gets you out of a bad mood you don't want to be in.

3. hooper24

hooper24 New Member

I can listen to song over and over if i like that song. I do not get tired of listening to a song that like.

4. rojuslap

rojuslap New Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  5. Pedro Soares

Pedro Soares New Member

If the song were really good, I would listen much time to her, if dont I won`t hear ahahahaha

6. faithb

faithb New Member

I can totally relate to what you are experiencing with songs. When I discover a new song and it matches my taste, I hit the replay button for a hundred times or even listen to it for the whole day. Sometimes, I memorize the lyrics of a song just by repeatedly listening to it. A new song always brings a good vibe! After a few days or a week, I eventually get tired of the song. This means it's time to look for a new one to play in the next days.

My favorite song is an exception of course. It is the only song that never gets old.

7. Briana White

Briana White New Member

I can listen to a song on repeat all day several days. Sometimes I feel like my day isn't as great if I don't hear a song at least a couple of times that day.
    The song changes everyday though. Not because I get tired of them, but because my mood changes.

8. Mncmrn

Mncmrn New Member

I can literally listen to my favorite song all day, everyday, for months or even years. I'm not kidding, I can do it, I have done it. My favorite songs are always on repeat. I never get tired of them because...well, they're my favorite songs. But I can listen to one song forever if I want to. As a matter of fact, I've been listening to Jhene Aiko's spotless mind for a week now. All day, everyday, non stop, I swear. I love that song and love to sing it even though I can not sing very well, that doesn't stop me from singing it. So yeah, I can listen to my favorite song or songs forever because they never get boring for me because they're my favorite song or songs...

Cynthia likes this.
  9. Cynthia

Cynthia Member

If I love a song, even a million times would not be enough. I think preference of various types of music keep changing as people grow older though for instance punk rock is no longer my favorite as it was in my early twenties. We only live once so knock yourselves out, enjoy the music people!

10. kyuminette

kyuminette New Member

I can adopt any kinds of songs as long as it is not metallic and too noisy .I do even like the hard to find old musics .The most favorite song that I like to listen is the 2ne1 K pop group songs . I like to listen to them over and over again .Specially if I have some house hold chores it makes me energetic while listening to there music.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Shane likes this.
  11. Shane

Shane New Member

I can listen to the song for how many times if it's really my favorite. I love the songs of 90s in any kinds of genre. I love listening my best anthem whenever I am depressed because music relieves it. I can't sleep without music, can't write without music, and can't live without music. Music is my therapy when I am anxious and gloomy. It inspires me through the lyrics, the tones, and the story.

12. dwt

dwt New Member

I'll admit it - I've listened to songs up to ten times on repeat before. It really does depend though. Sometimes, I'll do that if it matches my current mood, picks me up, or if it's just that infectious. It does eventually does get old though, usually around the tenth time for me.

13. Goodwin17

Goodwin17 New Member

I can't really listen to a song over and over again back to back even if it's a song I love. If spaced out over the day I don't mind listening to a song 5 or 6 times a day. I could listen to a song I really like spaced out like that indefinitely. I like a very wide variety of music from classical to hard rock so I usually find a wide variety of things to listen to, and things don't get stale.

14. SmartLilLady86

SmartLilLady86 New Member

Aww man I can listen to a song over and over until I play it out. Definitely depends on how I'm feeling though. If I'm in one of those sad, sappy moods, I will put a sad song on replay, get my headphones and listen to it for hours smh.

15. casscillac

casscillac New Member

to tell you the truth it depends on what song it is and how it sounds.It there is something that touches me then I can put it on repeat and hear it for hours on end.Like now as I am writing this I am listening to the gapband early in the morning and it is on repeat because that song is so very true.

16. Bass

Bass New Member

There are certain songs that I've listened to which no longer appeal to me, but there are a couple of songs that I really never get tired of. They are just so catchy that I simply cannot stop listening to them. I repeat said songs many, many times every day.

I like listening to music while doing my homework, as it helps me focus and keeps me calm. I have actually heard that listening to Beethoven while working will increase your productivity. I do not listen to Beethoven while doing my homework, but regardless, it helps me. However, while doing this, I do not listen to the same songs. I use Spotify, and every time a song finishes, a new one plays.

17. saramsh

saramsh New Member

Sometimes I personally consider my self a song addicted person.. Sometimes i become so devoted to song that i just can't stop listening. But it depends, because i really need to love the song from heart to get into it..
    People may not believe, but if i loved a particular song, i can listen to that for upto a whole day continuously.. This had happened to me twice.. Haha... My mom often shout at me because of this, But i just can't control myself ... Thats really wierd

18. Alexandru Andrei

Alexandru Andrei New Member

Depends on the depth of the music.
    I'm still not tired of the Brandenburgische Konzerte. I want them playing when I die, I want them at my funeral.

Now if we are talking about songs by (Insert a juvenile Canadian singer's name that is used as a curse where ever musicians and music lovers gather),,,,, then you probably won't listen to it so often. In fact: you won't LISTEN at all.
    Bc. if you really listened, you would turn it off.

19. Ratrocks485

Ratrocks485 New Member

Well, it depends on what song it is. I can listen to certain songs over and over again because I just love them so much and other times, I can only listen to it once. I personally like rap music, so if I listen to the song over and over, I will eventually memorize it and I would be able to rap it from start to finish.

20. kasmala

kasmala New Member

I like to play the guitar as a hobby. I've got used to listening to songs over and over, that's the only way to learn how to play a song actually. Listen, practice, master.

When it comes to listening to music though, there are songs that I can get sick of pretty quickly but usually that's not the case. If I love the tune of a song I don't mind to listen to in again and again.