IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How to deal with a malicious slander or defamation campaign?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by niche, May 26, 2015.

1. niche

niche New Member

I am a webmaster, domain investor and online publisher receiving payment through Paypal. Some extremely powerful and influential people locally have launched an extremely malicious slander campaign full of lies, questioning my source of income and online activities. They falsely claim that their lazy greedy cheater relatives and friends own my online business after tracking all my online activities, phone calls and smses .
    This has affected me socially and professionally as most people believe the complete lies of these well connected people. They are doing so to force me to sell my business at a low price or give them a stake in my business. No one will say anything in front of me so that I can defend myself and expose their complete lies.
    Your suggestions to help end the slander campaign will be appreciated.

2. vegito123

vegito123 New Member

Well, I would first tell PayPal about these sorts of people and check they are not trying to hack into your payments and try and claim it as theirs as in this case it appears they are trying to do it which is not good. You can appeal to your local courts and keep the written evidence, and to the police and show the evidence and hopefully a case can be done and sorted out and end the slander. These people may be jealous, so if you do try to meet, the people go to the police and ask them to go with you and these powerful people can do anything it seems so be careful if approaching them and going to the courts can be a good thing so a case can happen.