IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Importance of Bathing

Discussion in 'Health' started by AundoPhil, Feb 13, 2022.

1. AundoPhil

AundoPhil New Member

When we were young, we never knew the essence of bathing, until we were being 'coaxed' and sometimes forced to do so.
    When I grew up, I learnt that taking shower on a regular basis has its own positive effects to the body. Scientists recommend that all human beings should take shower regularly, if not daily, at least every second day. This means that, on the higher side, if you must skip a bathe, do that for a maximum of one day.
    As we walk around doing our daily activities, our bodies come in contact with very many forms of dirt. As this dirt accumulated on the body, it becomes unhealthy. It can harbor pathogenic organisms that cause disease, which can affect our bodies. Apart from this method, dirt can accumulate on the body through body secretions, such as sweat. Sweat is a mixture of very many things- water, nitrogenous wastes, among others.
    As we take shower, we remove the dirt from our bodies. Bacteria and other pathogenic microbes can not flourish on a skin that is regularly cleaned with soap and water.
    I would therefore, encourage everyone to take shower on a regular basis.