IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is it childish to watch animations?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Alansar, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Alansar

Alansar New Member

I watch animations mostly from pixar and others. I watched and liked COCO, peter rabbit,sausage party(dont let your kids watch this one,thank me later) just to name a few. Yet it is the perception of most adults around me that animations are only meant for children.

I love its cheesy humour and care free attitude. It is a break from all other genres of movies and many animations are adult oriented and so entertaining. We should give it a chance.

What do you think?

2. MwangiJack

MwangiJack New Member

It all lies on personal preferences Mr Alansar.What you think is childish may be entertaining to me.The kind of content also matters.

3. Twentysix76

Twentysix76 New Member

I believe now, that I have a 5 year old son, watching animation is a bonding between us.

Most of the animation movies/series have moral lessons which makes easy for me to bridge that learning to my son.

There are funny moments where in my son and I, had good a laugh . Moments that we will both cherish.

I believe we are still children in a shell.There will always be a characteristic of being a child even though we grow up and thats makes us human.

4. GeorgeDr

GeorgeDr New Member

The answer to this question has two parts. Bear with me.

[​IMG]

No that was a bad joke, let's continue...

so

1) There are "cartoons" that you could watch and be scarred for life after seeing them (I will not list any for your safety here :rolleyes:). An adult plot in an animation , actually makes it an adult themed animation. You would not mark a painting as childish, because it's a representation of reality , so you normally would not do it for an animation too. ;)

2) The majority of animations are actually made (or used to be made) for children , or teenagers at most. That being said watching these kind of animations may incline some people to characterize you as being childish. But i think that being childish sometimes, is not a bad thing at all! :cool:

5. EmmaBubka

EmmaBubka New Member

Whoever said watching animated movies (targetted towards children) as an adult is wrong, couldn't be more wrong themselves!

Most animation is far too complex for children to appreciate. Would a 7-year-old watching Pixar's "Coco" appreciate every small detail the animators provided? Also in lot's of cases, the script for the movie contains a bit of humor anyone under the age of 18 wouldn't understand. Adults are just as capable of enjoying animated movies as children are.

6. Johnte

Johnte New Member

No, it is not childish to watch cartoons. In fact, cartoons are a way of escaping day to day stress and problems. They help the mind relax and laugh. Isn't laughing a proven way of adding life?

Some cartoons are also informative. So you could look at it as a way of adding knowledge, right?