IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Movies that gave you chills

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Alaxror12, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Alaxror12

Alaxror12 New Member

What movie or movies actually made your skin crawl? Name a few movies that actually terrified you and kept you on the edge of your seat. Describe a few scenes that really scarred you out. For me, the 1984 film 'Gremlins' scared me as a child. The kitchen scene with Billy's mother and the creatures in particular frightened me as a child. I'm not so frightened of the creatures at this point. I find them entertaining more that scary.

vinsenspy likes this.
  2. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

At this stage in life, very few scary scenes give me chills and make my skin crawl. In this light, a movie that gave me chills wasn't a scary movie but actually a movie with high suspense which is "Prison Break". However, aside "Prison Break" as a child a movie that gave me most chills that I can remember was "Home Alone".

Speaking of Prison Break, the most suspensive season in "my opinion" was the season one especially in the scene where Michael Scoffield was being transferred to another Prison facility just at the verge of the break-out after the Pope was manipulated by some Secret Service Agents.

Also, another skin crawling scene was when during the inmates digging of the escape tunnel in the inventory room, a guard storms inside: after the hole has just been covered with a plywood and a carpet for disguise.

3. Vyck

Vyck New Member

There was this movie I started watching one night (it immediately caught my attention because Keanu Reeves was in it). An artist was alone in his (big and ostentatious) house one night since his wife and children had gone to the beach or something. It was raining and suddenly two girls appeared in his doorstep, soaking wet and claiming that they were lost. Immediately you can tell that these two girls are trouble. They seduced the guy against his will and the next morning they wouldn't leave the house. It was too cringey for me to watch, my teeth were grinding the whole time. I couldn't even finish it.

4. kobiman

kobiman New Member

One movie that made my skin crawl and almost got peeled off is Home Alone. I haven't seen anyone mention it here on this page. :D

It was one of my favorite childhood movies that actually captured every child's attention at the time. Everybody, adults inclusive were yearning to watch it and enjoy the various scenes of high suspense and creativity. It really formed the main topic in town at the time and drove every kid crazy.

Moreover, what I admire most about it is that it throws more light on child-creativity which I think raised the eyebrows of many including children. This is because many people could never imagine a child that creative.

5. danspartan

danspartan New Member

The latest movie that manage to surprisingly give me the chills is The Shallow and Don't Breathe. I was expecting it to be something around average, but it turn out to be really creepy and yet a fun experiences

6. NeilTarquin

NeilTarquin New Member

The Human Centipede gave chills down to my spine when I saw the movie. It was not scary but how the actors portrayed the characters convinced me that it was real. It was actually a dull movie, my wife is into those kinds of movie so I'm forced to watch it. Sometimes you need to say no in a firm manner.

7. Asha Krishnakumar

Asha Krishnakumar New Member

A movie that gave me the chills and still continues to do so is Sinister. This is because it's not like other horror movies, which gives you jump scares or keeps you at the edge of your seat. Rather, this movie is a different kind of "edge of your seat." It just messes with your head and it definitely made me scared for the next week and I didn't even want to sleep alone in my own room. Usually, my friends and I laugh about horror movies, but we were truly speechless after watching this together. I think back to watching it and I still get goosebumps.

8. Rigel401

Rigel401 New Member

I can't watch most horror movies or creepy movies without feeling sick. The only one I could tolerate was The Shining and yeah, it did make my skin crawl a bit. There were a few particular scenes that gave me the chills and freaked me out. I don't know why I can't handle most other horror movies. Maybe it's because Jack Nicholson is so funny in how over the top he is in that movie.

9. JoeMilford

JoeMilford New Member

I have recently watched the film, EX MACHIN, and it left me chilled to the bone regarding its commentary on A.I. and the implications of this technology and the people who are possibly pursuing it--and WHY they may be pursuing it. The film does approach the idea of "playing God" while creating artificial intelligence, but without ruining it for those who have not seen it, suffice it to say, we need to definitely be careful about the types of "machines" we create.

10. vinsenspy

vinsenspy New Member

I don't really watch horror movies but there's a few movies I know could've given me chills if i ever watched including The Conjuring movies. I am speaking based on my friend's reaction after watching the movie. I can watch monster movies and psychological horror films but I don’t like it when the movies are all about jump scares. I absolutely cannot watch horror movies, but I do occasionally read good zombie apocalypse novels.

Most I avoid horror because I can’t deal with gratuitous gore, but if it’s in a book I can be a little bit more detached or skip a couple paragraphs when it happens. I also think the empathy thing makes horror in general pretty terrible for me. If a character on a screen is ever crying, I immediately tear up with them. Just looking someone getting hurt or in pain makes me cringe. When I see someone getting poked with a needle it’s like I feel that tingle on my own skin and I have to look away.

11. Ehsan

Ehsan New Member

Directed by James Watkins, “THE WOMAN IN BLACK” this movie was so horrific that I actually had to stop watching it and watch it with a friend of mine the next day, in day time. It has got great actors, such as Daniel Radcliffe; the guy from the Harry Potter movies. Other cast includes Ciarán Hinds, Mary Stockley, and Jessica Raine etc.

12. ghostwriter1974

ghostwriter1974 New Member

The Decent gave me the creeps. I would not go cave exploring anyway, and definitely not after watching this! The Strangers was also creepy--I liked this movie because it could happen in real life. The Conjuring creeped me out when that creature jumped off the dresser and onto the girl; I like watching these in the dark, making them even scarier!

13. sweetiepie8509

sweetiepie8509 New Member

I'm not sure about anyone else but the most skin-crawling movie I have seen was Saw I am sorry but the scenes in it were just too much for me to even continue to really watch the whole movie.