IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Rv or tent?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Alec, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Alec

Alec New Member

People that camp in rv's are not experiencing the real outdoors!

2. pointed nose

pointed nose New Member

I would pick RV any day. The real outdoors can be fun for nature lovers; I am a nature lover but my retirement savings will be devoted to purchasing an RV. The idea of having a combined house and an automobile can be very fascinating, you could go anywhere at any time without worrying about lodging in a hotel.

A tent is fun when the company is fun and the camp site is amazing. But you are not safe from insects and the fear of the night which an RV shields you from.

3. ocrese

ocrese New Member

Why not both? You could travel long distances with your RV and sleep in your tent if you find a nice spot. It can sound a bit like traveling on 'survival mode' but I think it can be worth the shot, at the end you'll be getting the best of both worlds.

4. Tyi

Tyi Member

I agree. I have had the opportunity to experience both. I personally would enjoy the RV for lengthy travel adventures because I am a creature of comfort. I can make use of tent living for a couple days.