IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Should women lift weights?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Haroon Rasheed, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

Lifting can help women add muscle mass,leading to higher metabolism and help to prevent weight gain.There are many benefits of safe,appropriate weightlifting for healthy women who are not pregnant.On the other hand,pregnant women are typically advised not to lift heavy weights or objects.Weight lifting is a great kind of workout to reduce the body fat and strengthens the muscle.Weight lifting should be gender neutral.By knowing the proper techniques for training will help women build muscles and stay injury free.
    Do you agree?

2. chairman

chairman New Member

I do not see why women should not lift weights as it helps in toning the body. All the women athletes lift weights giving them the ability to perform at the highest level.

3. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Hell no. This is a reserve for men unless the situation so demands like in the case of a boxing lady. Right from bible times a woman is to be viewed lesser of a man, right from physique. There are great exercises for ladies in their endeavors to burning fat, keeping fit and in shape. I advise that ladies embrace yoga more and leave weights to men. As a husband I would really question my wife's motive opting for weight lifts and not yoga. Muscular woman.jpg

4. wanyonyi chrispin

wanyonyi chrispin New Member

Yes they should. I realy find no reason as to why women shouldnt lift wheights. Gone are the days when some sports were stricty meant for men. If a woman has the passion of lifting wheights,she should go all out for it. It helps them build on their muscles and this could come in handy when need arises for self defence,and it also helps them to keep fit,apart from it being a source of earning a iving.
    The old adage of what a man can do a woman can do better could be used to explain this,though it may not be exactly true in this case. But then again,why shoudnt women be allowed to lift weights? Yes,I think they should.

5. AmieBotella

AmieBotella New Member

I don't see any reason why a woman cannot lift weights. If the woman loves weight lifting, then I hope she' do it for personal satisfaction and gratification of doing the things she loves doing. I don't believe that there are things that are exclusively for men or for women only. If one finds an activity entertaining and engaging for him or her, then do it by all means for as long as you do not injure yourself, hurt others or disrespect to others, then I don't see any problem doing stuffs that majority of the opposite sex do. For as long as this keeps you well, then do not be controlled by others.