IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Techniques in testing a computer

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Francis Daniel Esparagoza, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Francis Daniel Esparagoza

Francis Daniel Esparagoza New Member

Good morning everyone! I am Francis. There are many ways of assembling and testing a computer. But let me tell you some of my techniques to be shared with you.

In our school, the hardware assembly is a quite tedious work to do. During the actual presentation of computer parts and testing it, each one of us was assigned to do some diagnostics with the use of the motherboard pins.
    We should know the right placement of pins such as power,reset and led lights.

The technique is always remember that in the upper 2 pins are the reset, followed by the power button and led lights. Another test is the power supply. Using a pin, you need to get the 4th yellow upper wire from the power supply and then simply switch on the electric flow. Before installing the operating system, you need to place the memory chips with the same number of what you called "teeth" in order to function properly.

That's it guys! How about you? Do you also have some techniques in there? :D