IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

vitamin C cures cancer or not ?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by majoch lachehab, Nov 24, 2016.

1. majoch lachehab

majoch lachehab New Member

Cure Cancer with Vitamin C, true or false!
    Vitamin C is not a miracle cure for cancer. Its ONLY effectiveness in curing cancers is more a myth than solid and serious scientific evidence. However, treatment with vitamin C offers in some cases a better quality of life, but may also be contraindicated in certain situations.

2. lolu0259

lolu0259 New Member

Vitamin C does not cure cancer. Its only a water soluble secondary antioxidant dt helps against reactive oxygen species. But its not a cure for cancer

3. Sweed1

Sweed1 New Member

While Vitamin C, is great for your bodies well being it is not a miracle drug. It can not cure cancer, however, it can help ward off colds and the flu bug, helps with your skin conditions if taken daily. It is worthwhile to note that taken naturally through consuming fresh fruits there is no limit that is too much, compared to using the pill form where in one must be careful in deciding what dosage to take to avoid overdosing. Often vitamins are looked at as not harmful and so if a little does good why not take more than what is required in a daily dosage. Some vitamins are more forgiving then others, but every vitamin has a safe to take limit and it is important to know where to draw the line.

4. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member

Vitamin C or niacin does not cure cancer. Maybe it could be use the management of cancer but not as a cure.

5. beenarabdi

beenarabdi New Member

I have heard that oranges are good when it comes to preventing some cancers but I don't know so much about how the vitamin C in the oranges does that.
    But I read that vitamin D really helps when it comes to colon cancer. Where a study had shown that the higher the blood levels of vitamin D, the less likely people were to develop corectal tumours. Vitamin D, is believed to interact with the immune system to prevent the growth of those types of malignancies.
    Therefore I can conclude that vitamins in general are effective when it comes to preventing and fighting different types of cancers.

6. Tomash

Tomash New Member

I have heard that oranges are good when it comes to preventing some cancers but I don't know so much about how the vitamin C in the oranges does that.
    But I read that vitamin D really helps when it comes to colon cancer. Where a study had shown that the higher the blood levels of vitamin D, the less likely people were to develop corectal tumours. Vitamin D, is believed to interact with the immune system to prevent the growth of those types of malignancies.
    Therefore I can conclude that vitamins in general are effective when it comes to preventing and fighting different types of cancers.

7. Elizabeth Finch

Elizabeth Finch New Member

If you are interested in learning more about what megs doses of vitamin C can do, research Linus Pauling. He was an American chemist who studied mega dose vitamin C extensively. His work is compelling !