IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What type of game you like Most ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by beatgara, Dec 13, 2015.

1. beatgara

beatgara New Member

Hey guys.
    i am thinking to develop game as a side job to earn some cash.
    well i am confused about which type of game should i make.
    i thought First Person Shooter would be best but my most of friends play Real Time Strategy Games ( me too ).

so i need your suggestion for which type of game you like.

2. valanchar

valanchar New Member

I prefer "role playing" games. Games with great stories, are the best. Great characters, need to be developed.

3. Fernando

Fernando New Member

Fps and mobas :)

4. Ajmal

Ajmal New Member

I prefer strategic games like rollercoaster tycoon, my city etc. It helps me improve my management skills a bit. Starting a business and watching it grow gives happiness, even if it is in a game. :)

5. BatmanNight

BatmanNight New Member

I really like rpgs and first person shooters.But the problem is most of them feel the same.Try to add something special to your game

6. DreamWriter

DreamWriter New Member

I've always been a bigger fan of RPGs. Especially, fantasy RPGs.

However, if I could suggest something. If you're going to make a game, make one that you know well about and something that would interested you. It would be A LOT harder to make a game about sports for a niche, when you don't even like it and have to do extensive research on it. So, when making your first game, go for something that YOU would want to play and let others give it a go.

7. broi90

broi90 New Member

love strategic game, like Dragons of Atlantis

8. Sonn1k

Sonn1k New Member

First-person Shooter (FPS) games and MMoRPG, even though I still don't know what that stands for. Lol.

9. Yuh

Yuh New Member

I like MOBA games because it can develop your strategic skills and your mouse aiming which can also be useful on FPS games which I like the most. The least I want to play is MMORPG games cause for me I can get bored of it fast and I don't even know why.

10. LastHell

LastHell New Member

I like only FPS games.

11. Andorphin

Andorphin New Member

I like PlayStation One games :D. A couple of years ago I used to play first-person shooter games but now I don't like them anymore. Times change. Once in a while I may also play games on my Nexus 5.

12. fuumarumota

fuumarumota New Member

I would suggest you to explore alternatives other than FPS or MMORPG, since the market is already full of those. There are several genres that are being almost entirely forgotten nowadays, such as Beat 'em ups, Platformers and Fighting Games. Picking one of these could guarantee some originality.

By the way, I am a fan of old school RPGs (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana) and Action / Adventure games (Castlevania, Soul Reaver, Tomb Rider, Dino Crisis).

13. abenz

abenz New Member

I like old school JRPG, and point and click puzzel games.

14. Lakeyia

Lakeyia New Member

I play all types of games when it comes to video games. I love mysteries, horror and a lot of different adventure games. I am playing Final Fantasy online right now with a few DS games that I have. I love playing video games and I am glad that I found another half that loves to play games as well. I can play all types of games but there are some that I may not like, though.

15. Bakanyan

Bakanyan New Member

I find RPG i.e. Role Playing Games pretty attractive, especially if they are strategy based like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy. Since you want to create games, I think RPG would be the easiest to make. There are many 'RPG Maker' programs out there like RPG Maker VX Ace (I've used this and this is pretty good. Not very user-friendly but it's the best currently. You'll have to get used to it.)

RPG also need low level of graphics. FPS usually require much more graphics because they are dynamic. RPG, on the other hand, doesn't have many animations or images. I've seen RPGs which only use a single image for a character and they have done well (they animate the battle by making the image of character move near the screen.)

They have a huge community that would help you to make your first game. Best of luck.

16. Mauphillips

Mauphillips Member

Well it must be Videos Games, and the Adventures kind with Magic and Swords, no guns I hate Guns Generally I hate Guns, and no I never had any bad experiences with Guns, I just hate what they can do, anyway that's for another topic, back the topic at hand the graphics must also be neat, Games like, Golden Sun, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, I now angry that I don't have enough time to play games anymore more .

17. GeekySweetie

GeekySweetie New Member

My favorite genre is Roleplaying Games. I enjoy the fact that they have a lot of "bang for my buck" as most RPGs average 40-80 hours for a single play through, and many have multiple endings which expand that playtime to hundreds of hours. I also love immersing myself into the game world, exploring every nook and cranny, talking to the NPCs, reading about the lore and history of the game world, watching my character grow stronger and learn new skills, searching for treasure, solving puzzles, and most of all meeting interesting characters and progressing through the story.

18. Catie Hutchens

Catie Hutchens New Member

I am a big card game lover. My family plays Rook just about every week end and we love it. It is very competive and you get bragging rights for the weekend if you win. It brings the family together and let's us spend time together without spending tons of money. I recommend Rook to anyone !

19. tkzone

tkzone New Member

i play diablo 3 its a good game, and mad max is good too but story very short...

20. HKNA1994

HKNA1994 New Member

Well I prefer playing first person shooter (FPS) games than other types of games. But I'm really interested in FPS games with open world sandbox features like Fallout 3, Elder scrolls V, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., GTA V, etc. I do like other FPS games like Call of duty, Bioshock, Call of Juarez, etc., but they are too short for me. The main aspect of a FPS game is being your self, so I like it when I can choose, build, roam and do things I want.