IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What was your favorite subject in school?

Discussion in 'Education' started by KenBrace, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Silver

Silver New Member

Reading was my most favorite subject in school, It always was the class I got an A in most of the other classes were either an B or lower nothing special, but I made sure to never get an F any of the time nothing more embarrassing having to redo a grade But I graduated with the rest of my class so i'am just thankful to be out and away from my old teachers.

2. deepa

deepa New Member

I used to love all subjects except history. Reading about battles and people who led wars was not my thing. I liked mathematics the most and our teacher though strict taught very well.

3. ugochukwu

ugochukwu New Member

Mathematics is my favorite subject in school. Unlike other subjects, it is precise and straight to point. Mathematics is the only true science that is independent in its operation. Every other science subject depend on mathematics to evaluate their theorem. Initially, mathematics is a torn in my flesh. I cant figure out how the numbers interact. My breakthrough came when my father hired a professional mathematics tutor for me. The man been experienced and kind, take me through the fundamentals of mathematics .

4. nik0878

nik0878 New Member

I always loved literature. Most people in my classes hated it. However I always loved when we read Shakespeare plays. It helped me to understand them better than if I read them on my own.
    My 2nd favorite subject was history. I liked both American and World history. It was interesting to learn how our country and world developed over time.

5. tlspiegel

tlspiegel New Member

When I was in high school, I loved my art classes. I made many artistic contributions to the senior year book. I hated Math and Latin, because it was hard for me to understand, but I liked learning Spanish, and enjoyed my English and Creative Writing class. But I was a C average student.

After high school, I went to an art college and wanted to be a Fashion Designer, but after my first year I switched to Fashion Design. I never worked in either of those fields, though.

Fast forward to my late 40's. Married with kids and lots of pets. I decided to go back to college and take subjects that would enable me to have a career, or at least enable me to find a good job. I took classes learning computers -- anyone here remember the early days of computing with a monitor that had a black background screen with bright green text and graphics? :D I excelled in Accounting and Calculators. Studying was easy for me as an older adult and my family did everything to keep things running smoothly. I went to school for eight hours, came home, ate dinner, and studied 'til wee hours of the morning, napped for a few hours and then went back to school.

Looking back at the two years I studied Latin in high school I'm glad I took those classes, because it gave me an understanding of words and how they are created. I think Latin helped me become a better writer.

6. snaise

snaise New Member

English literature was my best subject in high school, i love reading a lot and literature happens to be one of my passions.

7. psyduck

psyduck New Member

My favorite subject in school has to be English. I live in a society where if you can speak fluently in English, people would give you a lot of respect. I had a peculiar liking towards grammar especially. Even today, I love reading books in English and I strongly believe that this is because of my liking of English in school.

Another subject I loved was Maths. I enjoyed the challenges it took to solve a problem and found myself asking for more. I'm also an Asian, so you could say Maths is normally my cup of tea. My favorite part of Maths was Algebra. I somehow got hooked to it in the very early stages of studying.

One more thing I would like to mention was that I had very good teachers helping me out in both Maths and English. That played an important factor in me exploring both these subjects to the fullest.

8. aggelosst9

aggelosst9 New Member

I used to enjoy all subjects, with a particular sympathy to history. I loved to study historical facts and learn about wars of the past. I was one of the best in my class. Actually, the teacher was telling to my parents that I always told the lesson with passion :p. I am still interested in history, just not that much.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  9. Bruce Austin

Bruce Austin New Member

Well, my favorite course was math, but when I was in second grade disapproved that course and I did not like it, so I started to study only for never disapprove , I finished the school being one of the best in my class in math

10. Abdihakim Abdi

Abdihakim Abdi New Member

My favorite subjects in school are science and health. I love science because it is so interesting. There are times when I don't know how things work, but they play a great role in reality. There are also so many experiments that are very fun. Science gives a unique approach to studying and making things happen.

My other favorite subject is health because it's my passion. I love learning all about health and nutrition in general. It's a very interesting course because you learn more about carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. I'm very connected to this subject.

11. Marrose

Marrose New Member

My favorite subjects when I was in high school were all science and math subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry. I just love doing experiments and discovering things about our world. I love doing calculations too. For me, math and science go hand in hand. It's a symbiotic relationship. ;)

12. JcPascua

JcPascua New Member

My favourite subject in school is Science. At first I do not like this subject, but as time goes on I liked it and made it as my favourite. Because of the Science activities that we had I learned a lot of things and I made a lot friends, which started in communicating and resolving some of the Science questions and problems that was given to us.

13. Cloverz

Cloverz New Member

Definitely English. I was head and shoulders above the rest in that area, but that was probably because I studied in a Chinese school. :p

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  14. Vinicius

Vinicius New Member

Initially, my favorite subject was Geography because I liked to know about the whole world. However, I met a special teacher that show me the importance of Physics in our society. His classes were amazing, he always started showing the applications in engineering. Moreover, his methodology kept all students concentrated in his class. Thereat, I dedicated more time to study Physics and felt in love for the exact sciences. Consequently, I am currently a senior student in Electrical Engineering. :)

15. DannyRiott

DannyRiott New Member

Aw! School days, the more I think of them I get this nostalgic feeling. As some of you have said we usually tend to view school as a torture and can't wait for graduation, but after hitting the real world we actually start to remember it as a not a bad place afterall. I used to do great at all the humanities including history, of course. I still regret not taking the AP-History class which had a demanding level but an awesome teacher. My roughest times were lived at chemistry and math. So basically my favorite subject was history and journalism as well. After college and getting my feet wet on some logic courses I finally understood most of basic math and that made me wonder why wasn't logic taught at school, a lot of math pain would've been saved.

16. Mwazaule

Mwazaule New Member

I had this obsession in chemistry. It was crazy. I just understood everything easily. Maybe because I like challenges being thrown at me. I love thinking logically. That is why I failed my languages. Who scores an A in English anyway?

17. Ahmed

Ahmed New Member

Well my favorite subject in school was English. I loved the subject English a lot, because of the stories and the beautiful poems which made the English class really interesting to me. It always used to become a suspense when the English teacher would start a chapter and only finish half of it, and tell us that she would continue the other half in the next class, i would wait so eagerly to know what happened next which made English my favorite subject.

18. Njonkoa

Njonkoa New Member

My favorite subject was Mathematics. I love taking five-minutes times tests. You have to finish 60 multiplication problems in ten minutes.

19. Barbara Martins

Barbara Martins New Member

My favorite subject in school was Mathematics. Although everyone used to say that it is hard, it was not that hard for me. Actually, I loved to study it.

My passion for numbers began when I was a little child, and I used to see my father does math operation without any kind of calculator. At the time, it was fascinating for me. Since then, I decided to learn more about math. Today, I am an engineering student, and math is not a choice anymore!:D

I also liked to study Physics and Chemistry, however I hated History. Study about things that happened long years ago was kind of boring for me. I know it is important, but I did not have that motivation!

20. Barbara Martins

Barbara Martins New Member

My favorite subject in school was Mathematics. Although everyone used to say that it is hard, it was not that hard for me. Actually, I loved to study it.

My passion for numbers began when I was a little child, and I used to see my father does math operation without any kind of calculator. At the time, it was fascinating for me. Since then, I decided to learn more about math. Today, I am an engineering student, and math is not a choice anymore. :D

I also liked to study Physics and Chemistry, however I hated History. Studying about things that happened long years ago was kind of boring for me. I know it is important, but I did not have that motivation!