IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's your favorite social media?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Phoebe Jeske, Aug 6, 2018.

?

What's your favorite common social media?

1. Facebook

2. Instagram

3. Twitter

4. Snapchat

5. Yikyak

6. WhatsApp

7. WeChat

8. Tumblr

9. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Phoebe Jeske

Phoebe Jeske New Member

Hey all!

What is your favorite social media? There are a lot of platforms out there, and I'm interested to hear your opinions and see which ones are your favorites. I personally don't have hardly any social media accounts, so as an outsider, it's fun to see what others think! I like seeing results of these organized polls.

Have fun choosing!

Hudson likes this.
  2. Hudson

Hudson New Member

Hi Phoebe Jeske,
    Facebook is the common social media platform that is recognized by almost everyone. It accommodates everyone irrespective of age, gender, profession, or ethnic background. It is a good platform for sharing views and also accessing other people's opinions about an issue. It also accommodates forming groups for sharing personal things. Businesses are also being conducted through this social media.

soskamora likes this.
  3. Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer New Member

Definitely Facebook - it allows me to easily connect with family and friends who may not necessarily be in the same country.

Hudson likes this.
  4. Liza40

Liza40 New Member

Hey! Facebook is a common one. Facebook has been in existence for long. It was made purposely for people to network. Just to inform you, my grandma recently joined Facebook... I did this for her.:) I think it is cool! I just took her photo and created a beautiful profile for her. I also send friend requests to our family members to connect with grandma. Cool, right!
    I think Facebook is a great social media platform and should be embraced by all. Small businesses make use of Facebook to drive sales and grow their customers base. Brands use it to announce their new products and services.
    With all those benefits, why not join Facebook... It's the best!

soskamora likes this.
  5. soskamora

soskamora New Member

Facebook is the one I spend most of my time on, but I rarely get involved in any talking most of the time I spent there is reading in the groups I am following. I use my social media more for news feed than a way to connect with people. Lately, I started to with Instagram but still, Facebook is number one for me maybe this will change soon who knows!

6. Madmanx

Madmanx New Member

Facebook used to be my favorite social media, however I lost respect for it after moderating a couple of Facebook pages and seeing that they cut a lot of the post reach. After trying out different medias, I stopped at Instagram and have been loving it ever since, it is still owned by Facebook, but the way it works is quite different. Some features might be lacking such as the convenience of posting whatever you like on your news feed. On the other hand you have a simple design that allows you to post photos and editing them with filters with a couple of clicks.

7. AvadaObscura

AvadaObscura New Member

I personally use Twitter, because I feel that is the platform to use for people who want to show their true selves. I notice that Facebook and Instagram are geared more towards people with narcissistic personalities, and only show what they want you to see. There are times on Instagram where I've seen people I know post pictures, and their whole feed makes them seem like they have an active social life. On Facebook, I've seen people only post about the good things in their lives to make it seem like it's perfect. I've seen people's truer selves on Twitter because being able to actively post gives us a more accurate depiction of what really goes on behind the curtain.

8. Mercy ndinda

Mercy ndinda New Member

Personally Facebook rules. Everything else you use in social media can be fed into Facebook account. Instagram photos, Pinterest pins, and Foursquare check-ins, just to name a few. You can also configure Twitter post to your Facebook timeline every time you tweet for an extra exposure kick.

9. jeffreyjose87

jeffreyjose87 Member

I vote for Facebook. Its so easy to use. I connect with my friends and family through Facebook. I am also updated about current events through it.

10. Meshack Bwoyele Keya

Meshack Bwoyele Keya New Member

Facebook, as the oldest social media has been my best but I have changed over time. Facebook does not share the revenue that they get but pocket it all.

Now I want to change to Instagram. Am sure they will share their revenue with its subscribers. Am sure that if it is not now then in the near future.

11. Blessyn

Blessyn New Member

Facebook is one of the oldest and also the best for me

12. Cael

Cael New Member

I have to say that Instagram really changed the way i use social media.Never been a fan of Facebook and all the personal stuff people share on that platform,i ended up hiding some people that never stop posting unintersting(and sometimes embarassing)personal stories.

And then Instagram came!Just photos with very few text make this platform "easier" to me,it's immediate and less invasive.The same people who post too much personal stuff and nonsenses on facebook,are moderate on Instagram!It's the platform itself that forces you to stay "lighter".
    The best for me.

13. I_like_forums

I_like_forums New Member

I think it's definitely Snapchat. You can see what your friends are up to in almost real time and most Snapchat users from my experience reply to messages sent to them on it quickly, like a text message.

14. Babysudzz

Babysudzz New Member

My favorite form of social media would probably be Pinterest. It is kind of in a different category, but can still be comsidered as social media. I am in love with how it is setup. I am not worried about likes or followers and I can post or pin whatever I desire. It is like Instagram but without being too extra. Pinterest is really a gift from the gods.

15. Victor Cheruiyot

Victor Cheruiyot New Member

Twitter and whatsapp are current favourite social media platform to communicate.Twitter and whatsapp are easy to manage,curb infiltration and I find it more secure than the rest. Facebook has the most following but overtime has faced numerous challenges,and I agree with Avada that there no limitation on what one can post.it is now easy to find ponographic video and pictures on this platforms yet children uder 15years can access this. Privacy is a major concern for most Facebook users, and it’s really important to understand the site’s privacy settings and set them accordingly. And even though a lot has been done to improve the site's security, it can still be confusing. As a result, hackers can have access to- and misuse- personal information.