IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which IDE is best for Java Developers?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sikanderawan, Sep 6, 2016.

1. sikanderawan

sikanderawan New Member

I am considering to develop small billing system for accounts department as a demo.Though I have little bit experience of making it in PHP but as you know that it works only on website.
    Now, I am making application for windows and the biggest problem that is hurdle in my way is the selection of best IDE which has vast functions and debugging options.It could be free or paid.Till now, I have heard of Netbeans and Eclipse IDE.But I have heard that they are not compatible with windows operating system.What IDE do you recommend to me?

2. haivu721vn

haivu721vn New Member

Netbean DOES run on Windows. So does Eclipse. I have tested both of them so trust me. Eclipse is the best IDE for Java programming that I have ever tried. So I would recommend that one.
    Netbean is also good; however it's just not as convenient as Eclipse.

3. mmbmworldwide

mmbmworldwide New Member

Netbean to me is the best.if You love eclipse You can download it windows builder also

4. dman

dman New Member

There different types of IDE for Java.I have used eclipse,jcreator and netbeans but one of the best is netbeans.most java IDE does not come with a windows builder application. you have to download and import it.II don't know if it's possible to change the plugins of eclipse but I have done it in netbeans and it worker fine.

5. DivineSeer

DivineSeer New Member

I recommend Eclipse or NetBeans

6. katalan1

katalan1 New Member

I really love code editors, and for code editors I use sublime text.
    But if you want a good IDE for java I would suggest you go and try Intellij of jetBrains!
    Really love this IDE, go check it out