IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Your first programming language?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by yahyalamghari, Sep 9, 2015.

1. yahyalamghari

yahyalamghari New Member

For me it was C++, and I certainly regret it. Its a bastard child of C and Object Oriented approach, that can't get anything right. For low level programming (such as writing drivers or programming microcontrollers) C is udoubtfully better since it's far more flexible than C++, and if you want to create more abstract programs, such as mobile application or code games there are much better object oriented languages such as Java and C#, whose syntax is more accessible. And thanks to the fact that both of these languages use interpreters to run, they are crossplatform and can run on a vast amount of devices.

2. Lokesh Kumar

Lokesh Kumar New Member

My first programming language was C as it is the very basic language to learn. And while learning C language I enjoyed it's concepts, syntax , logics etc. To be very honest for me it was wonderful experience therefore I kept continue with the C# and it's object oriented concepts.

3. anabeau

anabeau New Member

The first language I learned was Matlab, in an introductory class in school. After it I started to learn SQL but I gave up after a while.
    I wish I knew how to program in C or C++. Do you believe I could learn it by myself using online resources?

4. Tiquito

Tiquito New Member

In my case, I was fortunate (or not) to learn to program in C # and Java. The first is fairly easy and easy to learn but the Java language ...
    To this day I still find it difficult to create applications , make schedules and try to properly understand where my mistakes are appearing in the formulation of a schedule.
    Anyway, for many programmers these liguagens are great for various purposes , for me ( I'm starting this new world ) only C # brings me comfort to program reasonably well.

5. mathkruger

mathkruger New Member

My first programming langange was GML (Game Maker Language) when was 11 :) And now at the university I learned C, C++ and Java.

6. pedrojoao89

pedrojoao89 New Member

My first, and only, programming language was C++ (I'm writing this in my programm class, though, ahah don't tell this to my teacher :p), and I love it so much that I learnt almost everything alone, before classes! And in classes I generally finish every exercise really quick and then I can do whatever I want ahah For example today I'm having a 3 hour class and I finished all the exercises (And did all the homework in 1 and half hours!) :p

C++ it's really easy to understand! I don't know if there is other programming language that it's as easy as this one but this one is really easy I have to say, so it's hard to believe that there is another one easier than this one!

7. Keno Clayton

Keno Clayton New Member

My first programming language was BASIC. I learned this simple language when I was high school, though it was quite limited in comparison to the programming languages I learned in university. Languages such as C++, Java and Python made BASIC look like child's play in every way. If I could recommend a specific language for one to learn programming, it would have to be C.

8. aimayaram

aimayaram New Member

My first programming language is a bit uncommon, it's Maple! We had a lab on Logic and it's a proprietary program that was available only in that university. Maple looks a bit like C if I recall. We had to make a turtle move and draw some graphs and sorting algorithms. I didn't learn any programming in high school, because there was no IT class then.

9. dumptyd

dumptyd New Member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  10. Ajmal

Ajmal New Member

For me too it was C++. It's very easy to handle comparing with other languages I used. But now in my academic course I am studying C. Eventhough it doesn't much differ in the usage, I still miss C++.:(

11. rajahammad

rajahammad New Member

I started with C, dropped it. Then I moved to C# and I created some basic programs for my daily use with Visual Studio GUI Editor but I really don't remember anything! I guess it wasn't a real programming though since using Visual Studios GUI Editor is real easy[​IMG]. But hey I was 11!

After a long break filled with Web Development and CGI I seriously started learning programming with C++(It was a little hard to start with C++) and done real stuff with it. I'm now 16. I still can't say that I know C++ really well because its huge but now I can create some useful complex programs at least.

I recommend starting off with a simple language like Python. It's easier to understand how programming works with a higher level language.

12. martin1234567890

martin1234567890 New Member

my first prgramming language was html when i was in class 8.i created and uploaded a website using that language.

13. tt1224780

tt1224780 New Member

My first prgramming language was pascal, I learned at first year at university, then I continue with C++, java, web...

14. nourrashedd

nourrashedd New Member

My first programming language was C

15. Aaron Elson P

Aaron Elson P New Member

My first programming language was Java, I learnt java because I can implement it to some kind of Minecraft plugin.

16. tony

tony New Member

My first programming language was C, then c#, now is java and I am learning Imacros :)

17. peter

peter New Member

Well my first programming language was JAVA. At first I felt like it was too much for me to continue during the first week. After a lot of practice and having faith that I can do it, I successfully completed the course and it became my best programming language.
    I love JAVA

18. Eliot

Eliot New Member

For me it was Racket.

19. mmbmworldwide

mmbmworldwide New Member

For me it was Html. That should be the basics for most programmers because it is easier to learn

20. ditoekanugraha

ditoekanugraha New Member

My first learn programming code is Python in my 12 old ages. Its easy to learn, a good official IDE, That IDE still can showing the results after the program stop, and showing which line is wrong when we get an error. Its easy. Now I start to learn Pascal, C, C#, C++, Ruby.